New Schecter C-1 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 05:53 PM Thread Starter

New Schecter C-1

Just a bit excited so I thought I'd share. Was looking for a well-built guitar in the sub $1,000 range and just fell in love with this guy. (helped that their corp facility is just a few blocks from my house, and they did a thorough set-up for me for nothing)
]
][
][

Last edited by thxphotog; 03-13-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 06:06 PM

Re: New Schecter C-1

Nice C-1
I have an orange C-1 Elite I don't play enough, darn JEMs keep getting in the way.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
Nice C-1
I have an orange C-1 Elite I don't play enough, darn JEMs keep getting in the way.
As long as it looks cool sitting on a stand in the room. :-)
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 07:12 PM

Reviews: 2

beautiful C-1 THX.........I really think these guitars are pretty underrated. I'd like to find myself a nice C-1 classic someday. I'm not a big fan of their electronics, but the guitars feel so natural to me that I think they're worth a complete electronic makeover.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
beautiful C-1 THX.........I really think these guitars are pretty underrated. I'd like to find myself a nice C-1 classic someday. I'm not a big fan of their electronics, but the guitars feel so natural to me that I think they're worth a complete electronic makeover.
Yeah, that C-1 Classic with the Seymour Duncan Humbuckers is pretty. The 'vine' on the fretboard would probably confuse me to no end when playing though. :-)
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 08:49 PM

A month ago for the first time I saw a schecter, I think it was a jeff loomis model. Had no amp around but liked the feeling of the neck (which is most important to me) and was sort of surprised when saw the pricing of their guitar.

My only negative comment would be the inlay designs for some of the guitars. Good Cort alternative.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 09:31 PM

Reviews: 2

This is the one I want......... I don't play well enough for the vines to mess me up....LMAO!!!

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 PM

That thing looks nice.. how do these play compared to Ibanez?
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-13-2012, 11:23 PM

Reviews: 12

nice c-1. I've an Elite right now that's my main axe. Plays like a dream, just doesn't sound like I think it should, but maybe an electronics swap is due.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
Mine was a quick try but I remember the strings felt closer to each other than my ibanez, can anyone confirm?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 10:27 AM

Reviews: 59

I've tried a few Schecters and I find them very playable. The new Jeff Loomis model looks really nice and I especially like that they have several options for most models (6/7 strings and FR or string through).
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-14-2012, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hp29 View Post
I've tried a few Schecters and I find them very playable. The new Jeff Loomis model looks really nice and I especially like that they have several options for most models (6/7 strings and FR or string through).
Indeed. This is one of the things that brought me to them. (this and the fact that I drive by their assembly plant everytime I drive to the store )

Being a reletive noobie, I didn't want to deal with FR for a couple reasons, tuning changes being one of them. On that note, the hardtail has those nice locking tuners that seem to work fantastically.
Many folks steered me the the hardtail citing how Shechter's hardtails are preferrable to their FR versions. (don't know about that)

I also LOVE the coil-tap, which I didn't think I would care much about.

Then the little things like the independant volume knobs and the fact that the volume control closest to the strings is for the bridge pickup as opposed to the neck p/u. They know that the majority of owners of this guitar are gonna be rockin' the bridge so they switched them so you can 'ride the knob' easy while playing.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 AM

Reviews: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
Factory setup wasn't that great on my C-1 elite, but I went to get it set up by a local tech and it plays absolutely great. He actually said that the schecter has 2 truss rods to really dial in a low low low action and perfect intonation.

Tags
schecter hellraiser

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode