New signatures for Ibanez - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

New signatures for Ibanez

I hope im putting this in the correct place!

I think that Ibanez should start briging new signatures out for new guitar players. Alot of people like Staind and they have sold alot of records so i think that they should make a signature for him. Also if Dino (Fear Factory) should of HAD a signature. The odwnside is they just split so now i'll have to get a custom made guitar. basically a universe 777P without the middle pickup or scratchplate. (like Dino's) If Wes Borland still used Ibanez, I would like to see a signature from Ibanez for him. That would be strange. As i've said before, He stopped using Ibanez (i think) because the guitars he had (Sabre7, AX5, AX7721, UV7BK customized e.g. burnt body paint, painted pickups.) He never got any real to TOTALLY customized guitars (like the K-7s with K7 inlays, glow dots etc.)

What do you guys think should be a new Signature or a new model for other peoples signatures?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

by the way.......id also like to see some Universe reissues.
UV7BK (with the option of green priamids)
UV7PWH
UV77MC (although that would take the fun out of traking 1 down! so maby not!)
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 11:30 AM

Mike Mushok from Staind doesn't use 7-strings. He uses extra-long scale 6-strings, and lots of us have already mentioned how much we'd love to see that as a production model.

Wes Borland used Ibanez guitars because he was dirt poor they gave him free guitars after the guys from Korn hooked him up. He has regularly said he wanted to become a better player with a 6-string.

Personally, i don't think Ibanez needs more signature models, and especially not ones that are just tweaked variants of the RG line. What they need is just more variety in the lineup, or some kind of basic build-to-order system for us regular folk. Not quite a custom shop, but a few options that could be assembled fairly easily would be nice.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 11:48 AM

At the least it'd be nice if Ibanez would increase the finishes they offer for their guitars. Companies like Jackson, for instance, are much more flexible on that.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 06:34 PM

As a rule, I don't play signature guitars. So Ibanez offering more guitars just the way womeone else wants them will not change my buying habits one bit.

Personally, I'd prefer more choices. Color choices have been rather poor of late, and I'd really like to see a few more RGs with bound necks and NO sharktoof inlays.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-10-2002, 06:49 PM

I'd like to see a dramatic improvement in the base model (cheapy) sig guitars. First and foremost I'd like to see a hard tail PGM again as well as the total elimination of the TRS and TRS II from all sig models.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 12:39 PM Thread Starter

Id want to see this:
Basswood body w/ white binding around body, neck and headstock.
Dimarzio Blaze Hums in a 3-way selector,
Wizard 7 neck with stripe
Ebony 'board with NO inlays
Lo-Pro Edge tremolo in power cosmo
I love the sound of this and I recon it should be called the
RG777
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 01:04 PM Thread Starter

by the way i know that Mike Mushok uses baritones ( ithink its 20.7'' necks or 18.7'') and id like to see a production made of his guitar, it would make me go strait out and buy it ( cause im a born 7 stringer!....well my 1st REAL guitar was) but i like the look of those mahogany bodys. Thats a point why dont ibanez make a 7-string that has the same shape as those baritones Mike uses, they would look great. I dont know about the S7420 but id like to see one in an oil finish

by the way how much would a 2nd hand s7420 cost dont every1 start sending me messages saying how much...if theres one message just leave it at that
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 03:36 PM

Standard Scale (Ibanez) = 25.5"

Mike Mushok's baritones = 28"
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 03:44 PM

Didn't i read somewhere that Mushok also has a custom shop guitar that uses a 31" scale?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Didn't i read somewhere that Mushok also has a custom shop guitar that uses a 31" scale?
Probably
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 04:19 PM

Here's where i read it.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-11-2002, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren wilson
Mike Mushok from Staind doesn't use 7-strings. He uses extra-long scale 6-strings, and lots of us have already mentioned how much we'd love to see that as a production model.

Wes Borland used Ibanez guitars because he was dirt poor they gave him free guitars after the guys from Korn hooked him up. He has regularly said he wanted to become a better player with a 6-string.

Personally, i don't think Ibanez needs more signature models, and especially not ones that are just tweaked variants of the RG line. What they need is just more variety in the lineup, or some kind of basic build-to-order system for us regular folk. Not quite a custom shop, but a few options that could be assembled fairly easily would be nice.
I think a Carvin-style way of having a custom shop would rock. I'd be the first inline.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Yeah soz i forgot about normal necks being 25.5 DUH!
Having a mike mushok would be great but if it came out how much would it cost? I think it would be about 900 or mabey 1000 but around that price prob. Can anyone alse think of good signatures or mabey having new paint jobs to models?
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-12-2002, 11:42 AM Thread Starter

If Ibanez opened up a custom shop to the public alot of people would strait away start buying custom shop guitars and all the production shop guitars would go down in profit for Ibanez, so thats prob why they havent done custom shops to the public.

P.S i'd buy a custom shops strait away!

Tags
basswood body , custom shop , custom shop guitar , darren wilson , dimarzio blaze , edge trem , guitar players , ibanez guitars , mahogany body , mike mushok , pro edge , pro edge trem , pro edge tremolo , production model , signature guitar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode