the next level of high end ibanez, 7500$, anyone? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

the next level of high end ibanez, 7500$, anyone?

check this out, now they are entering the 7K++ market...

http://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop4764/DS02553280/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 01:42 AM

Re: the next level of high end ibanez, 7500$, anyone?

Wow, pretty nice. I'm not a huge bad of the body shape and neck joint type but the quality and choice of woods/materials is impressive. Would never think about it due to the specs but I wouldn't mind trying and feeling that thing.
post #3 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 04:12 AM

Same price range :
http://www.ikebe-gakki.com/ec/pro/disp/1/344784/0 (exists in blue or cream)

It reminds me some old year 2000's models.

I think the technical specs are more impressive on the S model.

I'm also happy to have my old JC's with me. I could never afford these new models...
post #4 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 09:17 AM

who would buy that?
post #5 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Given the money that floats around with some guys in Tokyo, some one will probably buy it on a whim...
post #6 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:04 AM

too much binding for my tastes. I don't mind the TOL though. Must be about 3 grand in binding and inlays right there

Last edited by GUITARMAGEDDON; 10-31-2014 at 12:10 PM.
post #7 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 11:37 AM

Brazilian rosewood? Isn't that variety of tree banned from being cut down? I saw a PRS made of Brazilian rosewood going for over 9000 USD. That ALONE must cost a fortune.
post #8 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
who would buy that?
My drummer since it's merely pocket change for him. Oddly the only other person who bought stuff like this was also a drummer but happened to own small pizza chain/franchises. Drummers who are rich for some reason don't like to cart around drums (who does?) so they buy lots of other gear so musicians merely just show up. That other drummer also had '59 Les Paul and several pre-CBS Fenders because his guitar friends told him those were the best. NOTE TO SELF: It does not hurt owning pizza joints near the stoner college crowd.

My drummer has nearly 30 guitars which is just fine by me, duh. My other friend who works at vintage guitar shop and I were trying to have him bid on Eric Clapton's old guitar (Cream era) which would be totally amazing.
post #9 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
My drummer since it's merely pocket change for him. Oddly the only other person who bought stuff like this was also a drummer but happened to own small pizza chain/franchises. Drummers who are rich for some reason don't like to cart around drums (who does?) so they buy lots of other gear so musicians merely just show up. That other drummer also had '59 Les Paul and several pre-CBS Fenders because his guitar friends told him those were the best. NOTE TO SELF: It does not hurt owning pizza joints near the stoner college crowd.

My drummer has nearly 30 guitars which is just fine by me, duh. My other friend who works at vintage guitar shop and I were trying to have him bid on Eric Clapton's old guitar (Cream era) which would be totally amazing.
Just another reason to hate drummers.. just kidding
post #10 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 12:50 PM

All that money and they can't do direct mount pickups. Beautiful guitar overall but seriously c'mon, why can't they do a 6 string Saber with direct mounts? They do it on the 7.
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 01:40 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
All that money and they can't do direct mount pickups. Beautiful guitar overall but seriously c'mon, why can't they do a 6 string Saber with direct mounts? They do it on the 7.
LMAO....that's exactly what I was thinking. Who really thinks the S-series looks better with rings?
post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 05:29 PM

Looks beautiful, but it would look way better IMO without the pick up rings and the switch cover, also with offset dots instead of the vine.
post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GUITARMAGEDDON View Post
Just another reason to hate drummers.. just kidding
But I do know some not nearly quite as rich drummers with a ton of gear. There's the guy with 200 guitars and 50 amps but he owns a music store that's an ESP dealership and he does that on the side away from his mansion building business. The other drummer is a plastic surgeon.

All the guitarists I know, including me, are poor. When a plastic surgeon is easily the poorest of the lot among the list of drummers around here, that must mean something. I know of all the rumors that drummers are stupid, but I just don't get that from what I have seen. Yeah I know a few heavy metal drummers who aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer, but there's two dumber metal guitarists for every one of those drummers.
post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 05:43 PM

Not even remotely worth it. Not even the sugi ibby are worth it compared to other $$$ guitars.

Teuffel/Blackmachine/Ruokangas all **** on anything ibby can do.
post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-31-2014, 05:49 PM

Reviews: 10

I absolutely love J-Customs and I sincerely hope that I can buy one someday - but that is not the one I would pick...nice guitar but not the one I would spend the big bucks on.

Tags
hi end , ibanez , j custom

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode