NGBD or NGPD: RG1570 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-26-2014, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

NGBD or NGPD: RG1570

Hey Guys,

So I gave in to a little GAS today, sort of. (The 'B' or the 'P" in the title above stands for body or part.)

I've resisted temptation to buy any new guitars or gear for quite some time. My last guitar purchase was 2010. But today I ended up purchasing an RG1570 body. The reason is it happened to be in that sorta rare MRR mirage red color, from '05-'07. I've been infatuated with the RG1570MRR for the last 7 years. When I saw it, I couldn't resist.

Naturally my question now is, is it better to be patient and source out the various parts I need separately? A prestige neck, a trem (is the Edge Pro the only one that will fit without modification?), etc. Or should I look for another complete RG1570, of some other color and condtion, and just swap everything over using this body?

I do have an air norton and tone zone lying around, that I was intending to use in my RGT42FX, but I'd still need a single for the middle if I were to use those for the RG1570.

What I have bought includes only the body + pots/electronics. I would need:
A neck, tuners, nut hardware, pickups, trem, knobs & selector switch cover, and cavity covers for the back.

I fully admit this purchase was impulsive and without a plan to start with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:16 AM

Reviews: 21
Re: NGBD or NGPD: RG1570

IMO it would be better to try and buy the guitar outright on ebay. They pop up in MRR now and then. If you look for a complete guitar of another finish I would make sure it has an Edge Pro on it. 2010 models and newer had Edge Zero, the routing for which won't fit Edge Pro.
OR you could maybe see if a Super Wizard from the late 90's / early 00's fits. I have an '01 RG570 in Grey Nickle and I've been tempted to get a Candy Apple RG1570 body and try a super wizard on it; the best neck Ibanez made IMO.

Good Luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-27-2014, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
IMO it would be better to try and buy the guitar outright on ebay. They pop up in MRR now and then. If you look for a complete guitar of another finish I would make sure it has an Edge Pro on it. 2010 models and newer had Edge Zero, the routing for which won't fit Edge Pro.
OR you could maybe see if a Super Wizard from the late 90's / early 00's fits. I have an '01 RG570 in Grey Nickle and I've been tempted to get a Candy Apple RG1570 body and try a super wizard on it; the best neck Ibanez made IMO.

Good Luck!
I love the Super wizard too. I play the heck out of my 2550 and that neck is just the nicest thing ever.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
IMO it would be better to try and buy the guitar outright on ebay. They pop up in MRR now and then.
I try to keep an eye out but they do seem to be rare. But it's also possible I miss out on some auctions if they are for US buyers only.

Quote:
I would make sure it has an Edge Pro on it. 2010 models and newer had Edge Zero, the routing for which won't fit Edge Pro.
There is at least one other trem that fits, isn't there? I can't remember which are compatible. Is it the lo-Pro or the Edge?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 05:52 PM

No no other trem fits. The edges black poles are too long, the lo pro body is too long. Simple routing for the edge, larger routing for the lo pro. Definitely buy new stud poles if they included the old ones, you don't want to use already used studs because they are probably worn and might have indents.

I feel like the lo pro would seem better with the 1570 if your open to any mods.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Rab

I have one from 2006. Bought it brand new and used it heavily...Still in pristine condition. Their is the blue one as well but not as rare as the Copper red...I installed x2 zebra cream evolution pickups in there long time ago...
Keep cheking ebay and you will snatch one eventually.

Here is me playing her at an Ibanez sponsored event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGn1j...HBxG9U&index=1
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-29-2014, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rab View Post
I have one from 2006. Bought it brand new and used it heavily...Still in pristine condition. Their is the blue one as well but not as rare as the Copper red...I installed x2 zebra cream evolution pickups in there long time ago...
Keep cheking ebay and you will snatch one eventually.

Here is me playing her at an Ibanez sponsored event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGn1j...HBxG9U&index=1
Nice playing! Even before I read your description, I thought to myself Satch has got to be an influence of his.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode