NGD - '04 Charvel SD Reissue in Real Feel Snakeskin - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 05:06 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
NGD - '04 Charvel SD Reissue in Real Feel Snakeskin

I had originally planned on refinishing this guitar (originally white) in desert camo because I missed a Jackson I used to own but after thinking over it for a while, I realized I didn't want 2 camo guitars and I wanted a guitar with a Texas blues vibe (not SRV blues per say).

To me, a snakeskin finish with PAFs would give me that Texas blues vibe. Mike Learn's recently introduced Real Feel snakeskin finish also seemed really cool but I wanted something a bit different (no copperhead or python) so I opted to use the corn snake as reference for the color scheme.

Needless to say, Mike pulled off the finish fantastically and nailed the colors. Just another masterpiece from the master painter. I should also mention that I am fortunate enough to be the 2nd person to receive a guitar with this type of finish. The first person was Warren Demartini.

Without further ado, here she is:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 06:23 PM

Re: NGD - '04 Charvel SD Reissue in Real Feel Snakeskin

ey! awesomeeeeee!!!!!!! I love it!!

I got an Ibanez USA 'serpent' from Andy (taorama).... but your guitar has moooore snake skin and with very nice colors!!!

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 06:25 PM

and what about this "shark" on the left???
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-26-2010, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

That guitar belongs to gent that did the snakeskin finish, Mike Learn. It's a Warbird graphic on a guitar he built himself. There are pics of it on his website.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 03:27 AM

Good stuff, i totally dig it. I have a '04 San Dimas like yours, but with 1hb and in Snow White. Freakin Awesome guitar.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-09-2010, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSykes View Post
Good stuff, i totally dig it. I have a '04 San Dimas like yours, but with 1hb and in Snow White. Freakin Awesome guitar.
Heh, that's exactly what this guitar started out as.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 02:07 PM

I love Mike's work, he's definitely one of the best out there right now if not THE best. But, I'm not 100% on this one. The standard Jackson snakeskin looks better to me, in both rattlesnake grey and copperhead.

Do you think that finish will last, or might it 'wear down' in the future as you play it?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-11-2010, 03:44 PM

pure 80's shred guitar dude

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode