NGD!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

NGD!!!

Bought a new mod project. Its a dean Vendetta with an SSS config. Went to GC plugged it in and it didn't work. walked oout with it for $60. still feel like overpaid a bit, but I didn't feel right asking them to lower price below what they paid for it. W/E. I decided that one of my other guits will be going to my cousin so she can start learning how to play. It has my GFS reverse staggers in it. going to pull them out and pop them in this thing until my other projects are done. I'm thinking about putting GFS Neovins in it eventually. I want to try the Neodyum magnets and compare them to Fender's Samariums Cobalts. But for now its getting the GFS Jimmi reverse stagger pups, new pots, and a pushpull mod for the bridge. It also really needs new tuners, but i'm holding off on those for a bit. anyway, pics or it didn't happen.

Anyway, I saw it and had never seen one in this config before so I had to have it. It will make a fun project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 03:23 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: NGD!!!

Can't beat $60. I took advantage of guitar centers clearance sale on Friday. Got a brand new Ibby RG120 for $119.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 03:25 PM

Reviews: 2

I've never seen a triple-S vendetta either....very cool.

Looks like you might want to consider a bridge upgrade too.........that 6-screw is REALLY bad. I've played a few of them and would bet that upgrading it will do FAR more for you than tuners.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I've never seen a triple-S vendetta either....very cool.

Looks like you might want to consider a bridge upgrade too.........that 6-screw is REALLY bad. I've played a few of them and would bet that upgrading it will do FAR more for you than tuners.
Really, I have several guitars with 6 point trems and never had a problem with them. Granted they are all upgraded, but still 6 points. I was planning on putting a Proline 6 point on at some point as an upgrade, to get vintage correct string spacing, and to change the black hardware to chrome. this 'slit my wrist emo' all black **** has always pissed me off... any way it is really fun to play and like the feel of it. that is all that matters for now right?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 04:19 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitar guy View Post
this 'slit my wrist emo' all black **** has always pissed me off... any way it is really fun to play and like the feel of it. that is all that matters for now right?
LMAO!! I'm with you on that one!!!

Quote:
Really, I have several guitars with 6 point trems and never had a problem with them. Granted they are all upgraded, but still 6 points.
The upgrade will be well worth it .

Quote:
I was planning on putting a Proline 6 point on at some point as an upgrade, to get vintage correct string spacing, and to change the black hardware to chrome.
For whatever reason; the ones Dean uses on their lower level guitars is really soft. It get out of line very easy. They also seems to have problem with the 6-screw/wood joint, as the wood softens easily.....no idea what going on there. I've seen it on Z's and Cadillacs with the "vintage" trem.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2012, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

thanks for the heads up, but its an easy fix. I'll just have to grab a 1/4 in Maple dowel, bore out the original holes and glue pieces of the dowel in their place. That makes for an awesome reinforcement for something like that and it you do it right the bridge hides the maple so you don't have to refinish the guitar. But it might me kind of cool to riddle it with holes and fill the holes with dowels. might look cool with that kind of polka dot thing going on...lol. But I ahve seen what you are talking about with the wood joint. That generally happens with people who do alot of Trem work, not so much when you don't play with the trem very often. I use it rarely so I shouldn't have a problem, but still the body is Paulownia so I may just do the Maple dowel to be safe. that is the best fix if you want to keep the vintage trem though.

Last edited by guitar guy; 01-01-2012 at 04:45 PM.

Tags
dean , guitar , sss , vendetta

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode