saw it used at a guitar store here in the US ( I think i was in Knoxville) then years later on ebay just assuming it was the same guitar
saw a white paisley 540s before as well
Wow..interesting they were floating around the US back then as I suspect they were JDM only. Too bad you didn't buy it. Honestlly if it were me back then i probably wouldn't have bought it either. It's a bit of an eye soar lol...but years later I now have a different appreciation for it. Back then i would have wanted a neon instead.
had no idea this even existed...epic score!
Maybe this is only interesting to me, but I did some research on these. I know someone that bought one of these over the summer on a trip to Hawaii so i was able to compare notes with him. His looks identical to mine in a number of ways. But i have also seen pictures of a few of them online with some different characteristics. Here is what I have learned ...
- Japan only model (i think)
- Appear only in the japanese 1990 and 1991 catalogs. US and EU P/PII's were made in 1989 and 1990.
- My guitar and my friend's guitars both have a 1990 SN and share the following characteristics
* Exact same GP pattern/fabric.
* Do not have the 'custom made" inlay (US/EU models had custom made inlays for 1990's but not 1989)
* Edge tremolo like all other US and EU P/PII
-- I know of at least 1 guitar that has a custom made inlay that has some different characterisics...
* has a different GP pattern/fabric
* Has a loPro edge which seems to indicate the SN is probably 1991 and "custom made" inlays were also characteristic of the 1991.
Here is the suspected 1991 GP as shared by a fellow Jemsiter
There is also this one i suspect is a 1991, but the image is too small so i can't tell which bridge is on it or if the paisley pattern matches any of the others