NGD 5 of 6, Ishibashi exclusive RG model - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-03-2015, 10:21 PM Thread Starter

NGD 5 of 6, Ishibashi exclusive RG model

I saw this in Japan and HAD to have it. I had no idea what the model was till it arrived on my doorstep and I got the neck off the body. I was just enamoured with the finish, the maple neck,alder body with thick maple top, the natural binding and the zebra TZ/AN combo.

Got the neck off and it's an IRG-720, an Ishibashi custom model.

You can see how thick the maple cap is on this. Awesome amounts of snap and bite with the maple over alder.

The hardware may need some cleaning and corrosion treatment but I don't care, this thing is just what the doctor ordered for a different take on the standard RG formula.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 03:25 PM

Re: NGD 5 of 6, Ishibashi exclusive RG model

Jeez posted a few days back yet no love for this yet guys?

I think it looks great. Nice to see these more obscure models
popping up. Great score. Looks killer!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 03:38 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Jeez posted a few days back yet no love for this yet guys?

I think it looks great. Nice to see these more obscure models
popping up. Great score. Looks killer!
Indeed!!! I though I had posted on this one.

This guitar is just about everything I'd be looking for. Love it.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the body material is mahogany with that thick old maple cap. The only other 720 I could find was mahogany but it also had offset dots.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Indeed!!! I though I had posted on this one.

This guitar is just about everything I'd be looking for. Love it.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the body material is mahogany with that thick old maple cap. The only other 720 I could find was mahogany but it also had offset dots.
It's definitely not mahogany, you can see how light the woods are in the neck pocket. Like I said, did some checking round and found it is maple and alder. The IRG720 was ordered in that spec originally. There are later models with Lo pro edges and other 7 series models with offset dots and they may have different woods.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-10-2015, 12:51 AM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Version_6 View Post
It's definitely not mahogany, you can see how light the woods are in the neck pocket. Like I said, did some checking round and found it is maple and alder. The IRG720 was ordered in that spec originally. There are later models with Lo pro edges and other 7 series models with offset dots and they may have different woods.
That makes sense. They're all such obscure models that finding specs is next to impossible. Regardless, That's a beautiful guitar that I'm truly jealous of. congratulations on this one above all the rest...........even the RGR580,

Tags
ibanez , irg-720 , ishibashi , ngd

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode