NGD - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

NGD

I've had an Epiphone LP for quite a few years that's been sitting in its hard shell case or on a stand while playing my RG's. Finally decided to sell the guitar and was offered this Ibanez EX3700TP plus cash for my Epi.

The guitar looks, plays, and sounds great. I believe these were made for a short time in the early 90's and are on par with the 550's.

- Maple Neck
- Maple Fretboard
- TRS Low Pro

It has an EX Pro neck that feels, surprisingly, like an Ibanez Jem7V. It's not as wide as the neck found on a 550. Enough talking, here's some pics. They aren't the best pics in the world, took them with my phone.

Here's a group shot of my RG's.

I'm sure some of you may know more about this model than me, so feel free to educate me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 PM

Re: NGD

I'd upgrade the trem to an OFR or Gotoh since the TRS series isn't too great. The guitar itself looks cool.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:14 PM

is that white RG a 350dx? What do think of it? How does it play next to a 550 or Jem?

I love your new addition btw,looks awesome and the maple along with that finish is quite classy.you did very well as far as trades go!
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

I'm not a big trem user, so doubt I'll really need to upgrade it. From the short time I spent playing the guitar, the trem stays in tune very well.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boss^is^dead View Post
is that white RG a 350dx? What do think of it? How does it play next to a 550 or Jem?

I love your new addition btw,looks awesome and the maple along with that finish is quite classy.you did very well as far as trades go!
It is! When I swapped the stock pickups for a Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF PRO, I had a custom marble swirl pickguard and truss rod cover made. Other than the trem, which I blocked, the guitar plays pretty damn well.

As far as how it stands up against a 550 or Jem... There's not much of a comparison to a Jem. The neck on the 350 is wider, rounder, and thicker. I bought my 350 just as Ibanez 'upgraded' it, but before the price went up. If I had the option of buying a 550, I would have without even thinking. The 350 is great for what it is, but there's better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

Ibanez JS2CH
ibanez js2ch
JS2CH "Chrome Boy"
guitar ibanez js2ch

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode