NGD 88' Strat Plus - Page 4 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Re: NGD 88' Strat Plus

If you want to put a Fender Floyd on it hit the bay now. They had been selling for 250+ but one dude/seller is selling them for 175. I am still unsure how the pearloid will look with my finish.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 01:16 PM

no I definately wouldnt go with a floyd. For some reason the hole on the top of the bridge doesnt line up right with the hole in the block so the trem arem in tough to get in. It doesnt cause any issues but I dont think it's right. I never use the thing anyway though so it's not much of an issue.
post #48 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcid View Post
no I definately wouldnt go with a floyd. For some reason the hole on the top of the bridge doesnt line up right with the hole in the block so the trem arem in tough to get in. It doesnt cause any issues but I dont think it's right. I never use the thing anyway though so it's not much of an issue.
Mine is the same way kinda goes in at an angle.
post #49 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:06 PM

The only thing I use the trem for is to loosen the strings enough to remove the pickguard without having to remove the strings.
post #50 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:27 PM

IM also considering changing the block to a Callaham and adding a baseplate on the bridge pickup.
post #51 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
IM also considering changing the block to a Callaham and adding a baseplate on the bridge pickup.
Been considering the Callaham block too.

When I ordered my pups (these ones: http://www.bareknucklepickups.co.uk/ZS-mothersmilk.html) I got them with a baseplate on the bridge, and it definately works wonders for the sound.
post #52 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Acoring to Fralins website, the baseplate is only for pickups with Alnico poles. Im not sure what the hot noiseless has. Probably ALnico, I need to look into it. I wonder if there's a point where you can upgrade too much and start to have a negative effect or reach a point where you arent getting as much out of the guitar as you are putting in.
post #53 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:45 PM

Quote:
I wonder if there's a point where you can upgrade too much and start to have a negative effect or reach a point where you arent getting as much out of the guitar as you are putting in.
You definitely get to the point of chasing diminishing returns. It is the old 80/20 rule: 80% is achieved with 20% of the overall effort, the last 20% takes the remaining 80% of effort.

Changing pups will make a massive difference, changing the trem block only a minor one. I'm only considering it because I think mine is knackered.
post #54 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:51 PM Thread Starter

I hear what your saying. I am changing the bridge for two reasons. I dislike screw in arms and want a pop in. Also I like stringing a floyd style. I use the bridge for chord vibrato and slight dives only. I dig the gold lace so I won't be changing my pups.
post #55 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
Changing pups will make a massive difference, changing the trem block only a minor one. I'm only considering it because I think mine is knackered.

Right, I dont think mine is sitting right and I like to tinker with the guitar, but people buy a Fender Strat because they was something that sounds like a Strat, then we start swapping a bunch of things out and modding it so we may end up with something that resembles a strat but is less straty that what we started with.
I'll still probably get the Callaham, although they make it way too hard to buy from them. Then I will more than likely put 5 springs in the back and lock the bridge down, at that point does the block really matter?
post #56 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:30 PM

This trem fits the strat, and is all steel.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/usast2pohast.html
post #57 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
people buy a Fender Strat because they was something that sounds like a Strat, then we start swapping a bunch of things out and modding it so we may end up with something that resembles a strat but is less straty that what we started with.
Absolutley agree. What also makes me laugh is people swapping out a bunch of things to make a stock strat sound like SRV, wihtout realising that all SRV used was a stock strat, none of these Texarse Special pickups or such like.
post #58 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 04:15 PM

That GFS bridge looks nice, but there's something I dont trust about them. Well, not GFS as much as Chinese made products.

Last edited by elcid; 03-30-2008 at 04:26 PM.
post #59 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
This trem fits the strat, and is all steel.

http://store.guitarfetish.com/usast2pohast.html
I looked at those but I have never been a fan of one size fits all products.
post #60 of 68 (permalink) Old 03-30-2008, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I looked at those but I have never been a fan of one size fits all products.
It is a direct replacement for the two post strat bridge.

Tags
bridge pickup , classic strat , david mccarroll , ebony neck , fender strat , floyd rose , gold lace sensors , guitar shop , lace sensor , lace sensors , noiseless pickups , pearloid pickguard , strat bridge , strat plus , strat plus deluxe , strat sound , string tension , trem block , warmoth neck , white pearloid pickguard

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode