NGD! again? RG5000 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
NGD! again? RG5000

Will post pics tonight after I get her home but this baby has a few dings and minor blemishes, but it's probably the best condition used ibby I have gotten Besides my 560. 5 way selector isabent a bit but nothing a new selector can't fix.
MatiasTolkki is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 10:50 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: atlanta, ga
Posts: 513
Reviews: 6
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

in true southern fashion...oh hell yeah lol...congrats man...d.m.
diablomozart is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablomozart View Post
in true southern fashion...oh hell yeah lol...congrats man...d.m.
Now I gotta decide which of my axes to offload lol

I'm thinking the 2550 because the only thing making me keep it is the inlays.

Too many nice guitars makes this hard lol
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-13-2015, 11:57 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: atlanta, ga
Posts: 513
Reviews: 6
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

i feel your pain...i own 10+? at this point...i think...i don't really know...a few live in their cases lol...d.m.
diablomozart is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Kansas
Posts: 2,096
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

You got it? Cool... Nice looking axe! Sounds like you got a great deal on it too.
FireEagle is online  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

As promised, PICS







MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:28 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: NGD! again? RG5000







MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:41 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Now that's a purrdy color!
Looks nice and road-worn too, gives it character.
I've never heard them, but I've read on here and other forums that the V1 and V2 pups sound really good. Maybe give us a sound sample if you are so inclined? Please?
<batting eyelashes>
Happy NGD; again.
Meechy is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechy View Post
Now that's a purrdy color!
Looks nice and road-worn too, gives it character.
I've never heard them, but I've read on here and other forums that the V1 and V2 pups sound really good. Maybe give us a sound sample if you are so inclined? Please?
<batting eyelashes>
Happy NGD; again.
I had them in my 550 before but I immediately ripped them out, which was a major mistake. I'm keeping the V1/V2 in this one and keep it original and adjust my eq accordingly to get the best sound out of them that I can.

The RG5000 was only sold in 1992 and was quite rare from what I can tell. That's why I snagged it. It didn't help that the Ruby Red is just so gorgeous It's also a Japanese market model, so that adds to the rarity.

BTW, this is the best vintage Ibanez I have ever laid my hands on. It is exactly how I envisioned the Wizard neck. It's sooo fast
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:50 AM
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: West 'By God' Virginnie, USA
Posts: 1,454
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
I had them in my 550 before but I immediately ripped them out, which was a major mistake. I'm keeping the V1/V2 in this one and keep it original and adjust my eq accordingly to get the best sound out of them that I can.

The RG5000 was only sold in 1992 and was quite rare from what I can tell. That's why I snagged it. It didn't help that the Ruby Red is just so gorgeous It's also a Japanese market model, so that adds to the rarity.

BTW, this is the best vintage Ibanez I have ever laid my hands on. It is exactly how I envisioned the Wizard neck. It's sooo fast
I'm assuming my 550, being a 1990, came with them too. Not that I'm not happy with the PAF Pro and the Super Distortion, but I wish mine came with the originals too... but since it was wrapped in a trash bag with almost nothing but the wood and the frets, I can't expect much.
So cool that it's rare, you'll want to hold on to that one that much more.
Meechy is offline  
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 10:13 AM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meechy View Post
I'm assuming my 550, being a 1990, came with them too. Not that I'm not happy with the PAF Pro and the Super Distortion, but I wish mine came with the originals too... but since it was wrapped in a trash bag with almost nothing but the wood and the frets, I can't expect much.
So cool that it's rare, you'll want to hold on to that one that much more.
Yeah they did. I think the change to V7/V8 was 94 or 95 or something like that. My 550 was a 93 and had the V1/V2 stock. This 5000 is a 91 (although was released as part of the Spring Thanks fair in 92, the serial says 91).

I've learned something very important about Japanese guitar shops today: They don't know how to set the trem angle on an OE or lo pro. They treat it like an OFR and don't even realize that the back of the trem is supposed to be higher than the saddle side. I'm so happy i'm a member here and have learned so much from everyone here on how to maintain my Ibanez bridges. I could teach these fools a lesson
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 08:28 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Very nice Matias.....VERY VERY nice!!

....And you litterally got it for a steal!
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 08:32 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 797
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Ravishing in Red! Nicely done and congrats!
PBGas is offline  
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 09:07 PM Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Nagoya, Japan
Posts: 5,174
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Very nice Matias.....VERY VERY nice!!

....And you litterally got it for a steal!
Dude I just got my first chance to run it through my home rig... Sweet jeebus if this isn't the best Ibanez I own. This thing is on par with my Carvin in terms of overall playability (that's saying something, I LOOOOOVE my Carvin).

The V1/V2 pups sound great I wish I had known how to set my EQ back then, I may not have sold my 550. Just wow. I am so impressed with this guitar, it's like I finally discovered the REAL Ibanez or something. Totally amazing.

I think it's time to unload a couple axes

I'm surprised at how cheap this was. There's a Candy red 770DX up in Tokyo that cost more than double this guitar. Best guitar purchase ever
MatiasTolkki is offline  
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 07-14-2015, 10:36 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 2,511
Re: NGD! again? RG5000

Amazing find. Congrats. I don't know the RG5000 model but it looks high end for sure.
63Blazer is offline  
Reply

Tags
rg5000

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FS: Ibanez Japan Necks (RG550,RG5000,RG780,RG2020X) Jacknamara87 Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 6 08-08-2014 06:29 PM
WTB RG550, RG770DX or RG5000 in Laser Blue Djentygoodness Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear 2 02-25-2014 07:21 PM
RG5000 pictures and.. Facts, I guess RG&JEM-Fan All Other Guitars (including Prestige) 20 09-21-2012 12:21 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome