NGD (belated) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-06-2011, 07:23 PM Thread Starter

NGD (belated)

SZ520

Got this beauty about a month ago and waited until now to post because it was a little dirty and I wanted a chance to clean it up a bit before posting. It had a new set of strings on it when I got it so it took me this long to wear them out. This is the first fixed bridge guitar I have owned and thought the strings were much harder to bend but I just put a set of EB Slinky 9s on it and they are like rubber bands so it must have had 11s on it. I think I'll go back to 11s after this set.

This guitar is a tone monster. I have no desire to change the stock pickups in it. The best sounding guitar I own and it beats my RG470 with ToneZone/BlueVelvet/PAF Classic to my ears. The fretboard plays really fast and is very comfortable and wide. I'm not to crazy about the inlay but I do like it not having any other inlays on it. I thought that would be a hindrance at first but I haven't missed the inlays on the fretboard at all. The fret markers on top of the binding is abalone and easy to see while looking down. It is so easy to tune and change strings on... wow! I haven't played any of my other guitars since I got this... best $225 I've spent in a long time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-12-2011, 10:23 PM

Reviews: 1
Re: NGD (belated)

that is sexy...... I have a green one, mine has the stock pick ups and they say Ibanez/Duncan are you sure those are stock?
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 07:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_man 1993 View Post
that is sexy...... I have a green one, mine has the stock pick ups and they say Ibanez/Duncan are you sure those are stock?
Thanks man... I was starting to think there was no love for the SZ

I took it all apart last weekend when I cleaned it up and didn't take note of what exact pickups are in it but they did say Ibanez. It is a 2004. I got this because I was wanting a mahagony bodied guitar (LP) and this one came along at the right price, looked good and played great. If an LP can beat this I've got to get one because this thing is awesome.

How do you like yours?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 12:06 PM

Reviews: 2

Very nice RG-man!!

I've been wanting an SZ for a while now.......I'm looking for an '07 that has dots (only) on the fretboard.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:02 PM

I love mine haha the only thing I had a problem with is the fret size but i got over that lol and my pups say ibanez/Duncan on the bobbins that's why I asked if they where stock
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:03 PM

Oh and mine is an 04 as well, did they come stock with diferent pickups?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rg_man 1993 View Post
Oh and mine is an 04 as well, did they come stock with diferent pickups?
Not sure... I'll have to get the specific details off them when I change the strings again. I don't notice anything different with the frets compared to my other guitars? It does seem that I can reach farther when I have to stretch to get a note but it is not much.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Very nice RG-man!!.
thanks, I have a couple of RGs too so I guess you can call me that ;-)
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-13-2011, 01:25 PM

I have extra jumbo frets on all my other guitars, these seem smaller. Sorry I guess I should have been more specific haha

Tags
sz520

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode