NGD! :D - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 03:45 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 11
NGD! :D

holy jesus this thing is AWESOME!

Condition : frets are LIKE NEW. I swear this thing has been played like 3 times in its existence. I Want to say they are stainless frets... The top is weird because its both flamed AND quilted, kinda strange. One thing keeps it from being mint... theres a dink in the front on the body contour down to the wood. I will see if I can drop fill some paint and fix that. Build quality is SUPREME. Neck joint is ridiculously tight. The switch cover and the knobs are metal (look plastic in picture), bone nut, probably some of the nicest rosewood ive seen on a fret board in a while.
fret board :

back of the neck

typical front shot :

action is pretty high, but it still plays effortlessly somehow... The pickups kick butt too. all 5 ways on the switch sound COMPLETELY different. The middle pickup is actually higher output then the neck, which is completely awesome for blending with the neck and bridge pickup.

edit: better shot of that birdseye :

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 05:48 PM

Re: NGD! :D

what kind of guitar is that?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apadua View Post
what kind of guitar is that?
its a dude in NYC that builds them. Called "eclectric instruments". He's only built a few guitars, they are all custom one-off guitars for people. Snagged it on the 'bay, and its AWESOME. Original cost was 1800 O.o blows my mind. Probably worth it though, to get someone to hand make you a guitar.

the neck on this thing is superb, certainly chunkier then the ibanez necks, but its not super fat like a tele neck or anything. Its a nice D shape, which I prefer anyway. The fret board is probably the nicest rosewood I have seen on a guitar south of 5000$, no joke.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 09:47 PM

Can you offer some specs? What pickups are loaded, do you know the scale, is the headstock strat flat or angled? Thanks.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousTone View Post
Can you offer some specs? What pickups are loaded, do you know the scale, is the headstock strat flat or angled? Thanks.
Sure

25.5" scale

VERY slight head stock angle, like 5 degrees

Im wondering if this is even rosewood on the fretboard, they have that other wood thats similar, and I think thats what it is...

Fender "Silver" pickups (thats what the dude that made it says), in either case, they are completely noiseless, which is great.

Bone nut

6 bolt trem, dont know brand, but its very well made, solid.

Im guessing swamp ash body, maple top, NOT a veneer

Pearl inlays

Stainless frets

Tuners are INCREDIBLY smooth and feed in from the top and say "deluxe" on the bottom part, not sure the brand.

the "triforce" is a purpleheart wood inlay.

And thats that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode