NGD - EBMM JP6 - Jewel Blue - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Eco

NGD - EBMM JP6 - Jewel Blue

Hey all, I used to be a (reasonably) active member here a few years back but guitar kinda fell by the way side when the first born came along, but never the less over the last 6 months or so I've been steadily getting more and more play time and my JS looked lonely

I'd wanted a JP Musicman for quite some time being a big Dream Theater Fan so decided to take the plunge and grab my first none ibanez guitar in about 13 years. The guitar was an ex demo from Guitarguitar in Glasgow. It seems very different to the JS but I'd probably say I prefer this so far. If I'd had a choice I'd have liked the headstock to be matched but it kinda gives it a little more of a classic look as bare maple.

There is a also little birdseye up the neck which is a nice bonus, not that the pic captures that all too well.

The main thing I have noticed is riffing around on the lower strings sounds so much tighter than on the JS, but it makes sense considering the different styles of music of the 2 players.

I have to say I'm amazed by this thing they really are incredible to play and I'm having a lot of fun with it. I haven't tried many guitars that would get more playtime than the JS1000 but this one definitely seems to be doing the job. Being my first none floyd guitar for a while I'm kinda missing the fine tuners but its a pretty minor inconvenience given that I can tune now without a tool kit.

I've attached a few pics below, but I'm sure you guys have seen these all before.

P.S. The body has now been wiped down after seeing these photos
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 11:48 PM

Reviews: 4
Re: NGD - EBMM JP6 - Jewel Blue

Eh... I think the JS and the JP series both feel very sexy cradled in your arms, so by that measure, they're quite similar. The contours on both feel great and downright sexy in my mind.

I would love to add a JP EBMM to my collection down the line, if funds permit.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 12:49 AM

They really are nice guitars. Enjoy
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 12:13 PM

Nice man. Just got my Jp6 a couple days ago.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 12:29 PM

Reviews: 10

sweet guitar! I really hope to add one to my collection someday... congratulations!!! How you liking the pickups?
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 08:17 AM Thread Starter
Eco

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
sweet guitar! I really hope to add one to my collection someday... congratulations!!! How you liking the pickups?
They're really good actually. I'd heard a few conflicting stories about them being better/worse than the original pickup combo but I quite like them. The bridge pickup is a little smoother on leads than the JS which seems a little punchier, but low down it sounds much tighter. The 24 frets took a little time to re-adjust to but I'm enjoying the access to the higher ranges.

Gotta agree on the comment about the JS shape though. While this is supremely comfortable (as is the JS) I just love the shape of the radius body.

Last edited by Eco; 11-25-2013 at 06:22 PM.

Tags
petrucci

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode