NGD: ESP B8 (incoming) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

3Likes
  • 1 Post By WYLD STALLYNS
  • 1 Post By peromucho7
  • 1 Post By Formerly Given To Fly

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2020, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
NGD: ESP B8

I would say the three signatures I’ve always had my eyes on were the special 7 string guitars sigs; the Jem/UV, the JPM/EBMM JP, and ESP SRC B7

I’m not sure what about it held my attention except I always loved Ibanez and ESP on an equal footing, but ESP was always extremely expensive , and I wanted a KH2 forever, but as I got older and not only really disliked Hammett as the worst lead guitarist in the best metal band, but I didn’t want to play “his” guitar. I couldn’t keep holding it in my hand and feel inspired.

I never understood “baritone” or “extended range,” and honestly, as a niche, its absolutely silly - I will say that emphatically and clearly, anything beyond 8 strings is hands down, matter of fact, without question or debate, stupid! 8 strings is already pushing it - and since I wasn’t a deftones fan, I ignored it and kept my eye on the Jeff Hanneman sig instead, but eventually, The only reason I couldn’t buy one of those, even used, was because I was told [as a young guitarist] to stay away from Kahler....and they were right! Lol

So I eventually bought a custom shop ESP, the famous NYC Chaos Graffiti from Michael Wilton and “Empire” but that was a 6 string.

as time went on, and I realized I wanted the ESP custom shop guitar, and not “their signature guitars.” eventually I no longer wanted any of those, but I did want an ESP custom shop. Yet At the same time, I didn’t know how to spec out a custom shop. I just knew I wanted something unique, special, and hand made by the best. I also had all the best 7 strings in the world, the Universe UV777BK and the EBMM JP Majesty 7 that I wanted, so what I wanted, was a custom shop 8 string ESP.

What made me pause was the Fluence...There was a lot of poor reviews of the SRC set, but I’ve since discovered it was mainly Tosin Abasi Fluence propaganda campaign led by a certain group (meaning, it was an so attempt to deter 7/8/ERG pickup sales/commissions from going to other Fluence artists and rather to route them all to Tosin as the “popular” or “best” set, which is quite the opposite, and the site behind it knows who it is and to leave me and my family alone once and for all before I really expose them, including their affiliates.)

So to be safe, as I didn’t want to sink 4K into a guitar that needed a pickup change, I got a used 7620 and installed it into my Ibanez. It sounded amazing. Like, until I got this 8 string CS, my favorite pickups on earth were Dimarzio Tone Zone/Air Norton7 or Paf Pro7, Lundgren M7, LAce DB7/Hum7. [I loved EMG 81/85, but not in the 7 string version, although the 8 string version is pretty good]. That gave me the best Rg7620 I’ve ever heard btw.

So after trying the 7 string set against my Lundgren M7 set, I knew the 8 string fluence SRC set had to be just as good if not better Than the 7 string, because the M8 is an even better pickup than the M7.

Now, all the other aspects were covered and settled, as aesthetically it looks exactly like all of my guitars, meaning its exactly my taste as I would have customized an aesthetic (black on black on blank fretboard ) so I was good to go there to.

For the life of me, As i said, I could not come up with anything to spec a custom for myself that I didnt already see in the B8. Actually, what made it slightly difficult to decide was the price, because the B8 street price is $4k usually. In any case, I noticed Nick Yoffe @ the Axe Palace had the B8 in stock, and I contacted him directly, and I bought it on sale! (Thanks again Nick!) at a price I couldn’t pass up as those deals happen once every 10 years.

The price is what made me finally pull the trigger - and it is the most amazing guitar I’ve ever had my hands on, maybe that’s because most of the guitars I have are production, but holding a BRAND NEW, unplayed, untouched, virgin Custom shop ESP is something every advanced level guitarist should be able to experience, and I thank God for the privilege and the gift to own such amazing guitars! Finally, I feel like my collection is complete, and I really want for nothing else.

For all those who’ve wondered as I did - the Middle Hum sounds just like a regular middle/neck pickup depending on how you use it, its actually such a versatile and unique position - you can use it as a secondary Alnico bridge by picking in front of it in the “neck” pickup area, or you can keep it like solo pickup by picking behind it like a normal neck pup.

SPECS :

CONSTRUCTION
Neck-Thru
SCALE
27" Baritone
BODY
Alder
NECK
3Pc Maple
FINGERBOARD
Ebony
FINGERBOARD RADIUS
305mm
FINISH
BLACK
NUT WIDTH
55mm
NUT TYPE
Graphite
NECK CONTOUR
Thin U
FRETS/TYPE
24 XJ
HARDWARE COLOR
Black
STRAP BUTTON
Standard
TUNERS
Sperzel Locking
BRIDGE
Hipshot Fixed
MIDDLE PU
Fishman Fluence SRC Signature
BRIDGE PU
Fishman Fluence SRC Signature
ELECTRONICS
Active
ELECTRONICS LAYOUT
Vol(P/P)/Tone/3-Way Switch

Last edited by WYLD STALLYNS; 05-29-2020 at 10:27 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 01:15 PM Thread Starter

Re: NGD: ESP B8 (incoming)

I have to say, itís by far, the best 8 string Iíve ever played, seen, or had a chance to try. I would put the ESP Custom shop up there with the Ibanez custom Fujiyen/Gakki/Sugi and all the LACS perfection.

It is just incredible, absolutely unique and out of control quality. I canít believe the lines, the woods are perfect, its an incredible amazing axe. Very unique, as if it was a custom shop I specíd but you already have read about that.

Just updated/edited the incoming the getting it - itís really now my favorite guitar
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 03:02 PM

Looks great. What amp you use with it?
WYLD STALLYNS likes this.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-17-2020, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by peromucho7 View Post
Looks great. What amp you use with it?
Thanks dude

Last edited by WYLD STALLYNS; 05-29-2020 at 10:29 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 09:29 AM

Call me old fashioned, but I want guitar to sound as guitar.

So no 8 strings.
Especially no fanned frets ERG.
If I want to play bass a will play bass.
When I need low sounding guitar, I usually take friend's all maple Guild with EMGs, and tune it 5 steps down with 7 strings set minus first.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 02:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Call me old fashioned, but I want guitar to sound as guitar.

So no 8 strings.
Especially no fanned frets ERG.
If I want to play bass a will play bass.
When I need low sounding guitar, I usually take friend's all maple Guild with EMGs, and tune it 5 steps down with 7 strings set minus first.
Wanting an 8 string to sound like a guitar is why I had to end up buying a custom shop ESP - best custom in the world; I Was lucky there was an artist who spec’d one out, had it made in Tokyo CS in late 2017 and finished it late 2018, and it remained untouched and unmoved , and then axe palace , a special esp authorized shop, sold it In the US a year and a half after that......(to me)

It sounds and plays like a guitar , but I’m a universal player - meaning I can play any type of guitar without a problem but electrics are my forte and instrument of choice - but also meaning that I have almost always played 7 strings, more than any other

But lately , I needed and wanted brand new guitar and what do you get the guitarist who had every guitar he wanted ? A custom shop!

Since I was into a custom shop I had two issues (1) is the place not just legit, is it perfect luthiers ; and (2) could they do what I wanted : make an 8 string that feels and looks and sound like a guitar * So my only two choices now are ESP and one small boutique shop which I didn’t want to pay that much, and it was a problem with time and importing it so I said ESP it is

So I then said fanned fret (silly) or straight and if there was a neck that could feel like a guitar neck and not a bass it’s ESP, so finally it was spec time

After spec’ing the guitar I saw the B8 was almost the same thing I made but much better with a unique middle lead pickup position , so when it went on sale at the Axe palace , a month ago. I called nick up and he made me a deal I couldn’t refuse.

Nick (owner and sales ) and Victor(tech) are great employees and I couldn’t be happier with my 8 string guitar . It’s very much a custom shop in every way , like the binding, the fret work, the wood line, the feel and balanced proportion, the thin and well formed and expressed neck, the access to the upper frets, and one thing I love is the 27” string and fret spacing is slightly more desirable , especially for upper upper fret playing

All in all, I still think the best production electrics are/(were Ibanez 1985-2016), so about a 30 year run being the best shred and metal guitars in the world , but ESP has slowly and steadily moved into #1 as the world of guitar making (and big company luthiers, country of manufacturing and quality control ) has changed so drastically over the past decade but even more exponentially the past 5 years and ESP has improved Korean brand where as Ibanez has really started to drop the ball and it falls through the cracks with cheaper Indonesian But I digress

This is the best guitar I ever played besides the Ibanez guitars i own (5 in all)

***and not what I call what you’re referring to an ERI (extended range instrument , some call them ERGs but they are also Extended range basses)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 03:11 AM

ESP is making some of best guitars there are. And their custom shop is crazy good. And way too crazy too.
So I have no doubt that your custom is great. How heavy is it?

ESP guitar that I am gassing is Ohmura Pink custom shop 6 string Snapper. It is not far away from Pink PIA by the way.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-23-2020, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
ESP is making some of best guitars there are. And their custom shop is crazy good. And way too crazy too.
So I have no doubt that your custom is great. How heavy is it?

ESP guitar that I am gassing is Ohmura Pink custom shop 6 string Snapper. It is not far away from Pink PIA by the way.
Hmmm, it’s not exact because i stepped on a scale, then on with the guitar but approximately 6 lbs? Maybe if that much?

Can you show me your ESP ?

Last edited by WYLD STALLYNS; 05-29-2020 at 10:31 AM.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-28-2020, 06:54 PM Thread Starter

It pains me to have to report this to my favorite website there is, where I started my guitar career. But after as a few admins and mods know, I asked for an adjustment because I was being phished and targeted for a scam. In fact, after being stalked across jemsite, FAS, metal guitar, vigier, ESP, Jackson, EBMM, CAG[game site], BMW sites, local CL ads, local app and online ads, my life lock was set and -

I received disheartening news, quite shocking really. I didn’t know anything was FULLY wrong, but I logged on to check, and yes, it looks like an all crack [email protected] attack, and I may have lost personal info in the middle of this....undoubtedly. Someone was kind enough to Link me up to a certain sites that they say were suspiciously flagged for removal or other replies were nonsense, almost like “bot generated” text, and the mods from some sites deleted the unsolicited direct mails to my HOME or private and professional accounts, and finally I feel I had to get Norton LifeLock to do that, but if it helps to sleep better after knowing 12 men from Texas, Germany, France, Florida, Wisconsin, Kansas, Miami, Minnesota, Colorado, and more - so I am no longer selling, or doing anything with any exchanges of any kind on SSO(sevenstring.org), Reverb, or anything else

I wonder if this was the last scam before i left though, like i think this might be a GREAT Chinese fake...anyway to tell for sure without sending to ESP?

Last edited by WYLD STALLYNS; 05-28-2020 at 09:29 PM. Reason: Update - ESP assures me that the guitar was sent to japan and then LA, then to the dealer, so NP! [pray its authentic!]
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-02-2020, 02:28 AM

Building a great 8-string guitar was a challenge for the established guitar companies. The amount of time and energy required to build a great fake version of your ESP would be considerable and highly unlikely. More money could be made elsewhere.

Sorry to hear about the other drama. It sounds like you did what you needed to do though which is good. The low key nature of Jemsite combined with wealth of knowledge about Ibanez make this forum a type of refugee or sanctuary from other parts of the internet, which is nice,
peromucho7 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode