NGD Fender Strat - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
NGD Fender Strat

So, this is my 2nd strat, my 1st being a Japanese Foto Flame, '62 reissue that I nabbed for 500 at a local guitar show. It was ok, but the thin frets annoyed me. I like a more substantail fret when I play. I sold it and didn't think much about it.

Cut to a few years later and I have the bug for a Strat again. I spec'ed out a Warmoth to my preferences, but by the time I added Piezo and everything else, I was well over my budget.
I found this on the HC forums and we verified each other and I made payment.
It is a 1990 USA Deluxe with a set of Lace GOLDS installed as well as an L.R. Baggs Piezo bridge installed. The frets are ok, but could use a polish and some new strings, but otherwise it sounds pretty good. It came with a nice Vintage Tweed HSC. It's Candy Apple Red and it looks great in person, save for the dings, but even then for a 20 year old guitar, they are minimal.

I could only play it last night at low volume as the boys were sleeping, so hopefully today, I can put her through her paces at a respectable volume

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 01:26 PM

Re: NGD Fender Strat

great score

would love to play that guitar
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 02:45 PM

Those pups give me the instant "Clapton" vibe! And the piezo must be a cool addition...
Got myself a Dan Smith era Stratocaster (from 1982). All original! Haven't gotten the opportunity to test it yet, as I'm faaaaar away from it , but in one week that mutha will get a ride of it's LIFE !
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 PM Thread Starter

You must post pics!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter

So, GOLD Lace sensors. Amazing strat chime and quack. I think they may be a tad thin, but that could also be the maple neck. Anyone who knows, me and Maple don't always get along.
I think I'm going to look into the Red Silver and Blue Pups from Lace for a tad more output.

Plan B is also a Warmoth Neck that I can scallop. We shall see.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:28 PM

Reviews: 18

Get a separate guard and load the second set bamm, I just love how those golds sound, esp. the neck pup with enough distortion.

Jimmy
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

When I used the Strat at rehearsal it seemed a bit thin. I should probably revamp my presets for the Strat, though, eh?
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
When I used the Strat at rehearsal it seemed a bit thin. I should probably revamp my presets for the Strat, though, eh?
Yep, absolutely. I have a whole bunch of presets on my triaxis specifically for use with my strats. They need a very different approach to my humbucker guitars, but then the reason I have strats too is for those different tones, not just to copy what I do with other guitars.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 03:51 PM

Lovely guitar, man
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2009, 04:46 PM

Candy apple is always great, isn't it? I love the look of this Strat... Beautiful, man.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-08-2009, 02:19 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiman View Post
Yep, absolutely. I have a whole bunch of presets on my triaxis specifically for use with my strats. They need a very different approach to my humbucker guitars, but then the reason I have strats too is for those different tones, not just to copy what I do with other guitars.
I too am running a Triaxis rig, I'd love to see some of your patches, just to get an idea or starting point.
Thanks!
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 03:36 PM

If I remember, I'll write them down when I go down to our rehearsal space next!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-09-2009, 03:56 PM

Lovely guitar. I really didn't like the Laces on the Strat that I played though. I've always prefered the Vintage Noiseless tone myself.

Tags
deluxe , fender usa , lace sensors gold , strat , stratocaster

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode