NGD: FGM300MG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 08:19 PM Thread Starter

NGD: FGM300MG

It has been ages since I posted anything on the jemsite forum, but I thought that this might be a good reason to do so. I was recently given a second-chance offer on a near-mint all-original 1994 Ibanez FGM300MG guitar and immediately seized the opportunity. I am so excited to be able to finally play (and own) what I have always considered to be the coolest Frank Gambale model. Though I seen auctions where others have replaced them, it still has the original Fred LITE neck pickup, Fast Track 1 middle picup, and PAF Pro LITE bridge pickup with coil taps. There are no neck joint cracks and the neck is in top condition. It has minor swirl marks on the back and some smudges on the pickup mounting rings but it is in amazing condition for its age. I gave it a thorough inspection and moderate tune-up (Thanks Rich at ibanezrules for your web info!).

Sadly I must admit that I was the first to make any modifications to this all-original guitar a week after it arrived:
(1) I removed the strap pins and replaced them with silver Dimarzio ClipLocks and
(2) I installed two Göldo Back Boxes.

Here are some picks that were posted by the seller on the bay of evil:

1995 FGM300 Catalog Information can be found here: http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1995/95022.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 08:30 PM

Reviews: 120
Re: NGD: FGM300MG

Very cool guitar, congratulations.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 09:03 PM

Reviews: 1

REALLY nice
Congrats
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-30-2014, 09:04 PM

Cool color, is it metallic?
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 01:24 AM
Super Moderator

Fantastic guitar

HNGD !!!
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 01:39 AM

Reviews: 10

awesome!!! Green is my favourite colour - and I don't have a green guitar yet - and I'm a sucker for the shark tooth inlays - so I have to admit I am jealous…but I'm also happy for you! looks to be in awesome shape. also curious to hear how you like the gold box thingy - congratulations!!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebastian View Post
Cool color, is it metallic?
The catalog says that MG is metallic green, but I don't know what nonmetallic green would look like so . . .
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 04:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
awesome!!! Green is my favourite colour - and I don't have a green guitar yet - and I'm a sucker for the shark tooth inlays - so I have to admit I am jealous…but I'm also happy for you! looks to be in awesome shape. also curious to hear how you like the gold box thingy - congratulations!!!
My friend owned a S540LTD and I really liked it. When I saw this guitar in the 1995 catalog, I debated about ordering one (and I probably could have saved the money to pay for it), but at the time I finally decided that it would be better to buy a 24-fret guitar (a used 1995 USRG30TP that just arrived at a local guitar shop to be exact).

In regards to the color, it does look very cool and it plays nicely. The stock pickups are quite versatile and already have the coil tap.

I installed the Göldo Back Box because I heard they work well, were available, and were cheaper than ESP Arming Adjusters which I installed in almost all of my other guitars (http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f21/in...ter-64893.html). Though I actually prefer the ESP AA for its ease of installation and adjustability (along with the ability to lengthen the zero point), the BB performs adequately once it is dialed in (which required patience and time). I also used a little too much plumbers tape to stop the "stop nut" from loosening during use, but this made it more difficult to tighten the "pressure adjustment nut".
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Very cool guitar, congratulations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarMechanic View Post
REALLY nice
Congrats
Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Fantastic guitar

HNGD !!!
Thanks everyone! I am pretty excited to finally play one since I have not seen too many of them available via the web.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 05:27 PM

I've seen his 1000 around before but this one is so beautiful. Happy ngd!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-01-2014, 08:57 PM

awesome guitar..congrats
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 11:36 PM

Great guitar, the finish looks amazing and clean though i'm not a fan of shark inlays. HNGD!!!

Tags
fgm 300 , fgm300 mg , fgm300mg , frank gambale model , ibanez fgm300mg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode