NGD finally! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

NGD finally!

Finally, after saving for a whole year, and an hour and a half drive to pick it up I got this beauty.

Ibanez RG1570z in Jewel Blue.

Ah where to start.. I saved for this a whole year. It was an almost 2 hours drive to the music store to pick it up, the GPS got lost and when I finally got there the guy tells me that he thinks he's out of stock.. I start freaking out and he sends another guy to check.. and he returns with a box taller than him.. it was like she was playing hard to get

I was told they only had black ones left, but among them they had this beauty. Could of been brown or whatever, but it was my favourite color. Things started to get better. The drive back home with it sitting in the back seat was a pain in the ass. I just wanted to get home to play it

Humble review:

I owned a GRG170 before this. I learnt to love it, being it my first instrument and all, but I really needed to change it for something that would stay in tune for more than half an hour. It was a HUGE step forward. Go figure.. you cant really compare them.

Hardware: The bridge is really tough. I had a lot of people telling me that the Edge Zero with ZPS system sucked in comparison to the Edge Pro. I really cant tell if it's better or not than the EP because I havent tried it, but I can tell you that it's better than what I expected. I got the guitar about a week ago, and I've played a lot and with a lot of bends. I havent used the trem a lot, but it's no excuse, it stayed in tune just perfect. I had to correct the E string just a little but it was an easy job with the fine tuner. And hell, it still has the factory strings on and they are not even stretched. I didnt remember that the machine heads were Gotoh. It was a nice surprise when I checked the serial number to see them there.

The ZPS is great too. I know it might not be old school, but it really helps. You dont need to use a screw driver, nor worry about leaving a screw uneven with the other. It just does the job for you.

Electronics: The electronics feel more durable than on the other guitar. The jack input, switch and knobs just feel tougher. The knobs, another work of art. The non slip rubber thing is great. The black chrome on all the hardware matches the blue color.

Pups: If you really have to complain about something, it's the pups. I liked the warm tone on my GRG because they were all ceramic. The RG1570 features just one ceramic and 2 alnico's, so you need to get used to the brighter tone they provide. I plan to change them later on so this is absolutely not a problem.

Finish: Everything is so smooth. The fret edges are perfect. I think I could cut myself if I tried on my GRG, but the finish on this is just perfect. So is the paint. The fretboard looks like real wood now, not some kind of plastic and wood mix. And finally the case. The pictures do not do enough justice. I think she sleeps more comfortable than I do.. haha. And the little box to store picks, strings, the manual etc. etc. is really cool too.

So that's it. I might sound like a father talking about his baby daughter, but I really love this guitar. Thanks for your time. I wrote more than I expected.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2011, 11:12 PM

Re: NGD finally!

Congrats, welcome to the prestige family. Don't worry about people saying the Edge Zero sucks. They just grew up with their Edge's/Edge Pro's and just don't like anything different. I for one love my Edge Zero.

I couldn't believe how much better a Prestige was compared to my 3XX's. I've had mine for like 3 years and still can't go a day without picking it up.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 12:15 AM

nice slippers I have a pair just like them
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 AM
rgx

Congrats!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 12:40 AM

The 15xx and up have Gotoh tuners...the 1420F I got a couple months ago doesn't.

Guitar players are like old people...they hate change. Or maybe it's just the OLD guitarists. The Edge Zero is a fine trem. Everyone always seems to hate the newest trem, then when a replacement comes out, the previously hated trem becomes great. That's what happened to the Edge Pro. Everyone used to talk bad about them, and now they've become sacred since the Edge Zero replaced it. Everyone likes to say they like innovation, but most players are still stuck on Les Pauls and Strats, and our other guilty pleasure...tube amps. We love to live in the past don't we?
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 12:41 AM

Congratulations man!

Sometimes those of us with more gear than we deserve forget what it is like to have to save up for a year to get that special guitar.

Enjoy it, you most definitely earned it.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Congratulations man!

Sometimes those of us with more gear than we deserve forget what it is like to have to save up for a year to get that special guitar.

Haha, or sell everything else we own to buy one...
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:09 AM

you forgot about the new prestige case smelllll
yummmyyyy
great review. congratz.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:17 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
yummmyyyy
great review. congratz.
agreed about the case smell!! traded my 1527 case for a UV1000, big mistake. i have to breathe through my mouth when i open it. and im only 1/2 joking.

but beautiful guitar and i LOVE that color!!!
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:34 AM
VCR

Yeah I like the color too! It's hard to stop sniffing the new case.

I would do this with cassette tapes when just opened...they had the best smell.

Yeah, I said cassette.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-21-2011, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Congratulations man!

Thanks! I really appreciate that comment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones43x View Post
Haha, or sell everything else we own to buy one...
I DEFINITELY DONT KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post

yummmyyyy
great review. congratz.
I have to say I hated the smell the first couple of days. I thought a rat had peed in there or something but then I learnt to like it somehow It smells like wood and something else. It's nice
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 04:57 PM

sweet! congrats on the new axe! like the color!
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 06:59 AM

Congratulations mate

Treat her good and she will never let you down.

Rock on!
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

I sure will
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 12:35 PM

Nice guitar and great story. Rock on!

Peace

Mike

Tags
prestige , review , rg1570

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode