NGD Fireman! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 11:07 AM Thread Starter

NGD Fireman!

Say hi to my new Ibanez Frm250mf.
Its been on my list (along with a vintage iceman and a Mustain angel of death) for ages now regardless of the price and they finally became more widely available here in uk.
I expected it to be big, heavy with a massively thick neck, too thick for me. But i was wrong.....its ace!
I'm a bit of a Japanese ibanez snob and this is made in china and that was another reason i expected to not like this.

It plays fantastic and the dimarzio air classics sound very cool. Not as fat as my vhii neck and the bridge is voiced like a holy diver but quieter and slightly less throat. The quality of sound is there though.

A couple of strange things for me are the wiring "options". Firstly It's wired so you can't choose to use the middle single coil on its own instead the middle selection gets you both humbuckers. This does sound ace but i would love to hear the area67 on its own. Second is the tone knob only works in positions 3. 4 and 5 (Ibanez did intend this it's not a fault) . Maybe this is to do with the middle position setup....who knows

Considering the price and MIC facts I am struggling to decide weather I have a Prestige. premium or gio level instrument???? (it's not gio i know )

I must have sat in the shop for an hour just playing! I forgot i was there!! Ibanez did well for a Made in china instrument.

If you want more info just ask

T

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 11:10 AM

Re: NGD Fireman!

That's a good looking guitar!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 11:29 AM

I saw one of these at the local GC last time i was there and was really impressed by it. and man, its a really pretty guitar. I too enjoyed the neck. Happy NGD!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 07:51 PM Thread Starter

I have been sat playing it for 3 hours straight now and i must say its great in the neck position! very stratty indeeeeeed and bright for a neck position!
not too impressed with the split with the area 67 tho bridge or neck. It muddies and weakens considerably to my ears. I kind of get the same experience with my Irish Tour as well tho. An Ibanez s1 middle is much better suited to my tastes so far. The s1 is fuller and louder wether split or not
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 09:33 PM

Reviews: 2

That really is a nice looking Fireman. I wouldn't let the MIC thing throw you off. We haven't had enough thorough reviews of them to pass any real judgement. I think you should take your time with it and give us updates as the months roll on.

It seems the only thing your not overly impressed with for now are the pickups. You can change those any time you like....
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-23-2014, 10:35 PM

You could change out the humbuckers for the new PAF master pups
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2014, 04:50 AM Thread Starter

I have to state that I love this guitar! IT FEELS GREAT!!!
MiC in this case matters not a bean (tho an internal jack input would have been nice)
yes the Air classics. area67 and wiring need a tweaking.

I did think the PAF masters or 36th anniversary Dimarzios but some of you may have noticed that I am a Bare Knuckle head. I was thinking Mules or Riff Raffs

Last edited by m t soule; 10-01-2014 at 03:54 PM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 10:00 PM

The pickups are great in the Fireman guitars, but I don't think I can live with teh shape. Congrats though, the top looks gorgeous!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-28-2014, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladorg View Post
The pickups are great in the Fireman guitars, but I don't think I can live with teh shape. Congrats though, the top looks gorgeous!
I like the shape, but I wish it was MIJ. Ibanez having a loyal signature artist like PG and making his production in China just isn't cool.

Tags
frm250

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode