NGD! Flame maple goodness. - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 12:21 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
NGD! Flame maple goodness.

Special thanks to fellow jemsite member Nathan for this beautiful guitar and making my first guitar purchase from here a breeze. It's a 1990 RG770FM. Good players condition and plays like a "golden age" Ibanez should. The fully bound Wizard neck and headstock is my all time favorite to play on. The neck is in great condition as are the frets. A few chip repairs on the edges but the horns are perfect. Small finish crack on bass side neck pocket. Trem has a lot of pitting but can easily be replaced. I don't think I've ever seen a more stunning looking Ibanez guitar than this. Pickups are Dimarzio FRED bridge, IBZ/USA C2 with blue cover middle and a PAF JOE in the neck. Great combo and I kinda like how the blue clashes with the red in the body. Now the eye candy!

metalhead52 is online  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 12:33 PM

Re: NGD! Flame maple goodness.

Beautiful man. Killer looking Ibby. Congratz!!!!
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 01:47 PM

Reviews: 10

the blue covers make for kind of an odd color combo...but I think I like it very nice guitar - she is a beauty - congrats man!!!
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 02:53 PM

Glad to hear you're digging her. When I got her, my first reaction was to change out the pups, but they sounded great, and I ultimately ended up thinking the color combo worked somehow. Though I do still think some black and creme zebras would be sexy as hell in her. Enjoy!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-25-2011, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

The pickups do sound awesome in my Legacy combo. I need to hook up the single. Haven't got to that yet. I tried my original 770 dx red knobs and tip but didn't really look right. I wish now I would have kept my set of red IBZ/USA F4/C2/F2 pickups though. This would have been a perfect fit.
metalhead52 is online  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-27-2011, 02:31 AM

Reviews: 4

Wow! I am so jealous, what a great finish!!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 06:07 PM

very nice congrats
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 08:58 PM

Very nice. I absolutely love the 700 Series.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 03:13 PM

Love these old 770's. Outstanding acquisition. But... the blue toppers gotta go for something a little more suited to the guitar's color. That flame maple would pop so much more IMO without the odd color contrast.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 07:16 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, the blue is odd and I don't care much for the looks of the all black IBZ/USA pickups either. After the holidays, I might look into some red/orange or red/yellow Dimarzios. I am really liking this FRED and Paf JOE combo though. Really just unbelievable harmonics out of the FRED. Pinch harmonics anywhere on the neck. JOE is a little hotter than a PAF Pro but pumps the bass. Really great for chugging. I think they only did the 770 flame maple for 1 year in 1990, so not many around that I've seen. I've finally got my set-up tweaked for crazy low action. Just needed some shims under the lock nut. Right now, it's got .3mm neck relief and 1mm string height at 24th fret with no buzzing. Just perfect. Ditched the metal knobs in favor of some black top hats too. Thanks for the comments guys.
metalhead52 is online  
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 08:24 PM

FRED is such a great pickup.I have it in the bridge of my RG760. I have no idea why they aren't more popular? DiMarzio doesn't make orange pickups and I feel like red/yellow would look odd. Red/black zebra would look sweet.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 09:12 PM

I may be strange but i often like odd pickup colors. I dont mind the blue kinda makes it fit the person "this is my guitar and there are no others like it". Reminds me of the Petrucci guitar when he had the steves special and the air norton in blue and black and purple and blue that clashed with the graphic. to me that was soo cool!!!
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM

very, very nice piece!!!

Tags
rg770

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode