NGD: Gibson Les Paul 2013 Traditional - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 06:25 PM Thread Starter
Eco

NGD: Gibson Les Paul 2013 Traditional

Ever since I'd got my hands on a 59 Les Paul a few months back, I'd had a major case of GAS for an LP.

Well today I kinda got one as a bit of a birthday gift from my old man. He;s currently looking for an R9 so this traditional is living at his house until that one arrives (not that he knows that), so I'm counting the days now

We tried a few along with a reissue 58 and 59, which were both really nice but not quite "the one". This was the pick of the traditional bunch. Was a nice middle ground weight wise which I was surprised about as I expected them to be all the same, but some were very rear heavy and wanted to fall off your knee when sat with them, there was a lot of variation.

Plus as a bonus it was probably my favourite of the colours and is just an all round solid LP.

The flame looks pretty plane from straight on, but pops out when you see it from the front.

Last edited by Eco; 06-09-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 06:39 PM

Re: NGD: Gibson Les Paul 2013 Traditional

Congrats man! HNGD!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 09:08 PM

I have become a huge LP fan over the past year. Awesome guitar congrats
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 09:19 PM

post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-07-2014, 09:20 PM

Sorry for the double post!
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Eco

No worries, I've become the same over the last few months.

I always liked how they looked and thought they sounded great, but never really "got them" so to speak. But after spending a bit of time recently playing quite a few of them I kinda got the bug and was desperate for one

At least now maybe my better half will stop calling me a nerd for spending all my time looking at them on ebay and websites

On a side note, I never thought my JS1000 or JP6 neck was as thin as they were until I played them straight after the 50's style baseball bat on this thing
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 07:06 AM

Reviews: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by taracatac View Post
Likewise. When I first got my LP I couldn't put it down for months. The only thing that stopped me was a PRS.

-Wolfram
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2014, 01:08 PM

Nice guitar... Congrats!! I just love the solid feel and shorter scale of mine... even though it is a little worn out and beat up. Great playing guitars!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 05:49 AM

Reviews: 3

I have been a Jem addict for quite a long time, but I bought a LP in January and now I became a LP fan too!

I was looking for a trad as yours (not to much red, honey-burst) and tried one in the shop along with a Gary Moore 2013 LP. I finally bought the Gary Moore, because although the Trad was aesthetically nicer because of the bindings, the burstbuckers and the orange drop capacitors did the job better to my rock and roll biased ears.

Enjoy!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2014, 05:57 AM

Reviews: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfram View Post
Likewise. When I first got my LP I couldn't put it down for months. The only thing that stopped me was a PRS.

-Wolfram
I have the Gary Moore LP stated above and a friend of mine has a PRS (don't know the model) but one of those LP shaped that made Gibson demmand PRS. Both are great axes, but the acces to the upper frets on the PRS is way better. He has been always a wizard lover, but that PRS has made him left down that nice 777vsk he owns since 1989.

Finally the guitar that has made me slow down the fret degrading on my LP is... my refretted 7VWH!

If you want to see shredding on LP check out these band: Cactus Cruz
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-29-2014, 07:23 AM

HNGD!

Tags
gibson , les paul

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode