NGD a great cheap RG.... ? - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

NGD a great cheap RG.... ?

Hi, I've just bought this one (not having in my hand yet) : 200382287386
for 225 euros / USD 330

I think it's a '95 RG 570

Can some expert here confirm ?

if yes, it's a great deal, isn't it ? )

this one, but in red :

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1995/95015.jpg

Last edited by Agent540; 09-16-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:22 PM

Re: NGD a great cheap RG.... ?

Seems to be the real McCoy. Lovely guitar!! I'm not totally sure of the year. Have you got a serial number dude?
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

no, not sure about the year, I trusted the seller
but, it seems he don't know really what he's selling

so... I don't care about the year
I see a great top, a Lo-pro, no fret wear, only one ding

top of 5way selector is missing, but....... nothing important !
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-16-2009, 03:31 PM

It looks to be in excellent condition. For 225 Euro you got a great deal! Really beautiful guitar. Congratz!!!
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 02:06 AM

thats really cheap!very cool!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

I got the serial #, it's definitively a '95 one (F5....)

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent540 View Post
I got the serial #, it's definitively a '95 one (F5....)

Excellent dude. Fire up some pics if you can when you get the guitar. Cheers!!!
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-17-2009, 05:00 PM

Reviews: 2

If that is a '95 RG570, It is most likely made of alder instead of basswood. I think thats the only year they did that. You should look into it and give some feedback when you actually get the guitar. Thats a really nice score.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 12:59 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the comments
I'll post some pics ASAP

In the catalog, the RG570CT specs are "Body : Alder w/ ????? maple top"

http://www.ibanezrules.com/catalogs/us/1995/95016.jpg

I can't read the ?????, if someone has better eyes or intuition, thanks again

and I've heard that the top is only a photoflame, so what ?
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:03 PM

i own the blue version of that guitar so i can identify it very easily. thats about the same price i paid if you converted it to usd. but the serial number mentioned above the 200382287386 does not sound even like an ibanez serial number. the big details of this from many of the others is you can see it has a maple top where it goes to alder wood on the side of the body. i dont think i have seen any rg570 basswood verisons with maple top. now thats just the first clue. an expert might be able to tell the bottom wood type but most likely not as ibanez was very selective and it looks awkward for even alder a bit through the transparent layer. all the hardware will be gold. also the bolt on neck will not have a metal bracket. it will just be the wood. most of all it will sound ****ing amazing. although the pickups are not incredible they are the v7 v1 and v8 stock this guitar build seems to make anything sound good. most of all it has to have an f5 starting in the serial number. the tuners will say made in japan on them selves too. still if you put up pictures i will be able to verify it instantly for you. i went through the same thing a few months ago thinking the guitar was too good to be true for its price but it gets thrown in with all other rg570's but every one who plays it thinks its in its own league. my guitar teacher is blown away by its sound and he has been playing for 50 years. he's nagging me to sell it so if you stole a ct version like i did for the standard basswood price like most do good job. put up picks i will verify it. i love the blue version i have but the red version looks just as good never seen it in person but the whole thing is a beauty. good luck.

some how mine looks like its never left its case for all 15 years. not a scratch or anything i can find on it and has zero weak points. also if you like not having to tune your guitar even when using the tremolo your going to love this one. i have pushed the tremolo to its limits and everything else about it and still its stayed dead on in tune of a 1-2cent swings while playing it for 7 weeks and 3 days playing it for minimum of 3 hours a day, thats quality right. i hope yours is the same they look durable but hey if i ever dropped it i would probably **** my pants too so i dont know.

my tb is definately no photo its the wood. but the orange one could be different. though it should be quilt top. only one person i have seen with a non quilt top that was still a rg570ct was a model they made in between of 94 and 95 like a beta of the final one that not quilted. i never saw this one in the catalog but some people heard about it in between the catalogs and got this pre version before the final ones with quilt top. but maybe the am is not the same as tb. it sounds the same just that one feature is different. it could come with an f4 or f5 in the model number. look up rg570ct on youtube this guy scali has the more pre version before they finalized it but sounds the same. maybe yours is just like his. supposedly its also 570ct never really got a close look to veryify it but i can say tone wise it is identical to mine which mine is a photocopy of the tb in the catalog you posted.

Last edited by jrade; 09-18-2009 at 01:15 PM.
post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 01:09 PM

oh yeah the ???? is very hard to read but it looks french like genvre or something like that maybe some one can decipher what i got out of it.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 02:21 PM

The serial number is fine to me jrade, F5..... would make it a 1995 model. Which serial number are you talking about dude? Not the 200382287386?
post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 02:32 PM

The ????? word in question could be Gravure which is like a photo of a flamed maple top and not a real one. BTW I didn't know this myself, I just came across an earlier thread on jemsite where I believe Jono had answered this question.
post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrade View Post
my tb is definately no photo its the wood. but the orange one could be different. though it should be quilt top.
ALL the RG570CTs are gravure tops (the CT denotes the gravure finish), if yours isn't a gravure top, it's not a CT.

If it IS a CT then it ISa gravure top.

That doesn't mean it sounds any worse or devalues it in any way.

I love these RG570CTs and agree they're one of the very best variations of the RG that's ever been made
post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter

yep, I read it too

http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f18/he...nez-85356.html

"Gravure" looks right

Thank you IbanezDaemon

Tags
rg 570 1995

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode