NGD: I did it, Japanese Market 2002 S2620 Prestige - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

3Likes
  • 2 Post By Luke Duke
  • 1 Post By Luke Duke

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-07-2020, 11:21 AM Thread Starter

Cool NGD: I did it, Japanese Market 2002 S2620 Prestige

First and foremost thanks to the guys who responded to my S2620 thread a few weeks ago. I ended up buying the S2620 because the features were just so dang intriguing.

-PAF Pros
-"Vintage Silver" hardware
-Black painted jack "cup"
-No Truss Rod Cover
-Flame Maple top
-Light Amber Finish

It's GOT to be a Spot model...I'm thinking it was for the Ishibashi stores because I saw a single reference to someone on here saying they saw one in or on the Ishibashi storefront.

It's a bit different than my S5570 construction-wise because it's one of the models with a thicker body, 22 frets, and no single coil in the middle. The tone is radically different with the PAF Pros in a 22 frets. It's even more...sing-y than the S5570. Not sure if it's the thickness, pickups or age. That said, I think I prefer the thinner body. I'd originally intended on buying a hardtail S. My wife thought the S6521 looked like a zombie guitar so it was hard to justify that one...even though I loved it. I'm still thinking I might get an old SF470 for my hardtail one day.

Also, if anyone has a contact at Ibanez Japan or Ishibashi they wouldn't mind sharing so I can find out more about the guitar I'd be grateful.

Luke
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20 Headstock.jpg (214.0 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 20 body.jpg (37.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 20 Bridge.jpg (242.9 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg 20 Jack.jpg (231.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 20 Both.jpg (207.8 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg 20 both top.jpg (250.5 KB, 14 views)
jim777 and Neon_Knight_ like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2020, 08:07 PM

Re: NGD: I did it, Japanese Market 2002 S2620 Prestige

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is the entire body outline marginally bigger than your S5570?
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-10-2020, 08:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Knight_ View Post
Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or is the entire body outline marginally bigger than your S5570?

You are NOT! I’d heard they enlarged the body for a few years, never seen one until this showed up. I’d say it’s about 1/8-1/16” thicker.

If I’m honest that part bums me out a little, but it still feels good and light. The neck is great too...Wizard one supposedly but it feels a little thicker than that...

Luke
Neon_Knight_ likes this.

Tags
paf pro , s2620 , spot model , vintage silver

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode