NGD Ibanez RG Prstige PR-3 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

NGD Ibanez RG Prstige PR-3

Well here it is I pondered getting it all week. Man is it nice it has a completely different feel than my other guitars. It's super flashy. It's the first guitar I've ever owned with an ebony fingerboard. There was definitely a lot of care and skill put into making this. The paint is beautiful with abalone around the top edge. It plays great, I heard these were around $3000 new and I can see why . I've had the same pickup configuration in my 7's and for some reason it sounds better in the 6. The gold hardware is another added bonus.
So I got it home and played it for a couple hours and instantly feel in love with it. I thought my wife would be happy for me but man, she was pissed when I told her what I spent on it. I was explaining what a good investment it is (as per advice from a from a helpful jemsiter), but I was supposed to be getting a 6 string for my students. I only have 7's and my younger students get confused when I'm teaching them. Now I'm in the dog house. I'm not going to keep going on about it though. I work on guitars for a living and get to handle different guitars all the time, but this one is special. It's on a totally different level than anything else I've seen in a long time.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:51 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: NGD Ibanez RG Prstige PR-3

OMG is that gorgeous!!!! Man that thing is JC all the way down to the heel!!!!!
post #3 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 PM

Damn, I hit the submit button before I wanted to.............

Anyway, you obviously have a much more loving and understanding wife than I do. I would be found in the coroners office by now in several tiny boxes.....LOL.

I'm sure you could sell or trade one of your 7's to get a nice sixer like you said. You could do that in a matter of days, so hopefully you'll be out of the Doghouse soon enough.......and you'll have a PR-3 WHEN YOU DO!!!!!!!!

Are you afraid to touch/play it?? If I had my dream PR-1 I think I would be............

What pups did you get....I thought they were Paf/Paf.
post #4 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 09:49 PM

Very nice. They call that a Texas Special I believe.

Like Ryc says, that's the same heel contour as a J. Custom. I've never seen that on a Prestige before.
post #5 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:07 PM

I am so glad you got it! Looks great. What do you think about the powder gold hardware? I knew today was the day you would check it out. I found myself checking the forum a few times today just to see if you had an update.

Congrats and enjoy!
post #6 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:20 PM

Well apparently his wife won out because this is on eBay now LOL!
post #7 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 10:34 PM Thread Starter

Ya she wasn't haven't it man. It's really sad because I will probably never find another one. I'm in a dark place right now.... It was either this or my PWH because my other 7's aren't worth as much as this one.
post #8 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael777 View Post
Ya she wasn't haven't it man. It's really sad because I will probably never find another one. I'm in a dark place right now.... It was either this or my PWH because my other 7's aren't worth as much as this one.
Wow man........What a shocker!!!

I'm so sorry. Is is better to have had and lost a PR-3 than to have never had one at all??
post #9 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 PM

BTW Mike, kudos to you for being honest with the wifey!!!

I have at least 4 guitars that mine has no idea they exist..... if she found out, I WOULDN"T EXIST!!!!

This is one of them........ hard as hell to keep hidden.

post #10 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

If I can think of a better solution in time I can take it down.
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

O God! Where do you keep then hidden? BTW who do the swirl job I love the color. The pink is perfect.
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:16 PM

Is it just the amount of money, or is it because you still need to buy a sixer?? Or both?
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 PM Thread Starter

I still need a 6 string. I got permission to get one a few weeks ago then I found this and I had to have it. The only problem is I went over budget about 8 bills. I had to tell her what I paid because she can see it.
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 PM

It's an OOTS. Alan did it last year.......... I wish I had a pic of the back, it's WAY nicer than the front.

I keep a lot of "empty" cases in the house. She never bothers to move them because I do all the cleaning of musical gear. The ones under the kids beds are always "empty" the most!!!!

I can always send a guitar to my buddies house too, if things are heating up here. He's been a player longer than me and takes impeccable care of my guitars when they're in his possession.
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 07-25-2012, 11:22 PM

So what other guitars do you have? I saw the PWH in the other thread, but if I remember correctly, you had quite a few others on the couch too.

Tags
j custom , jem , universe

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode