NGD: Ibanez RG1451 Prestige - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-22-2013, 11:25 PM Thread Starter

NGD: Ibanez RG1451 Prestige

It's been a good week for useful, cheap guitars here in the household.

Picked this up off the bay for 1/2 of what they sold for and it is like new. I am a bit disappointed...all I had to do was wipe it gown with some polish and it was good to go, no cleaning necessary. There is a small ding by the output jack and some pick scratches on the pick guard, otherwise not a scratch, barely any fret wear and the neck is absolutely perfect.

The tight end bridge is the most perfect hard tail string through I have ever felt. No sharp edges whatsoever which has always been my main complaint on other hard tails, the saddle height screws always dug into my bottom palm, not with the tight end, totally smooth.

Pickups are ok but the neck is getting changed to an AN but I am not sure about the bridge though, maybe something more vintage like an AT1 or something.

Guitar plays amazing, fast with a great feeling neck, like my Herc. Happy with this thing. I was not going for looks with it, i am about function right now. There will be a lot of recording done with thing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 01:44 AM

Re: NGD: Ibanez RG1451 Prestige

Nice pickup!

That color is just awesome, love that grey.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 02:26 PM

Sweet guitar! Gratz on the find and the deal.. I'd love to get my hands on one as well.
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 05:36 PM

Nice score. I really like the look of that guitar. Hardtails are
what I am after at the moment. I have way too many guitars
with floating bridges.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 05:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Nice score. I really like the look of that guitar. Hardtails are
what I am after at the moment. I have way too many guitars
with floating bridges.
That is kind of where I am at right now. I just dont use the bar much.
I was thinking before I got it that the Aluminum Grey would be bland but I really like it in person and like I said earlier, this guitar isn't about looks, it about playability and functionality.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 06:47 PM

Cool man! Definitely a bit out of the ordinary for you! There's definitely something to be said for a newer guitar. A lot of the old stuff has issues, not always huge, but enough to affect playability a bit.

I'm getting bit by a bit of a functionality/collectability bug myself right now. I have a couple guitars that I basically don't play and aren't hugely sought after. I'm considering moving them and consolidating a bit more toward things that I either play or are really collectible.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Cool man! Definitely a bit out of the ordinary for you! There's definitely something to be said for a newer guitar. A lot of the old stuff has issues, not always huge, but enough to affect playability a bit.

I'm getting bit by a bit of a functionality/collectability bug myself right now. I have a couple guitars that I basically don't play and aren't hugely sought after. I'm considering moving them and consolidating a bit more toward things that I either play or are really collectible.
Thanks man, it is out of the ordinary and you nailed it, I was happy to have something new. Not that the old stuff is bad, I love them. Just trying to find what works and has playability. The plan is to start writing a lot more. I want solid and consistent. I want to develop MY sound.

As far as collectability vs functionality, the PRM taught me I was not a good collector, made me realize what I should be doing. Been learning and practicing a lot more lately.

I could definitely see where getting rid of the "mehh" stuff could be helpful. Collect what you want, play what you want and be done.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-23-2013, 07:55 PM

2 words.. bad-a$$
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
Thanks man, it is out of the ordinary and you nailed it, I was happy to have something new. Not that the old stuff is bad, I love them. Just trying to find what works and has playability. The plan is to start writing a lot more. I want solid and consistent. I want to develop MY sound.

As far as collectability vs functionality, the PRM taught me I was not a good collector, made me realize what I should be doing. Been learning and practicing a lot more lately.

I could definitely see where getting rid of the "mehh" stuff could be helpful. Collect what you want, play what you want and be done.
Two of the best guitars I've owned were an '02 RG3120 and an '05 RG2005-1 that was set up by Rich. The RG2005-1 was really great, but it had some paint issues and had to go. I have some great older stuff but it can be hit and miss as well.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 03:17 AM

Speaking of hardtails, what is Ibanez's best fixed bridge? Synchronizr? I'm curious about getting a hardtail.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2013, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

This tight end is awesome!!!!! Solid, totally smooth and it is string through. killer tone out of this thing.

Here is a new thing I was working on last night with the RG1451. neck pickup which is going to get changed to an Air Norton I think.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=12469360
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 02:10 AM

I like the riff you've got going on there, but you're right, something sounds a bit off about the sound.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-25-2013, 04:51 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
Speaking of hardtails, what is Ibanez's best fixed bridge? Synchronizr? I'm curious about getting a hardtail.
IMO, The Tight-End R is the best hartail Ibanez ever made. I just got one from Rich in the 7-string flavor. It's the bridge that best fits the look of an Ibanez.

Jeff, this is an absolutely killer looking prestige. How's the fit & finish of the neck?? I probably have some pups for 'ya if you want to change them out.

Can't wait to hear more tracks!!!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 08:11 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys!! The neck feels real nice and looks to be done well. Ryc, I have a AN for the neck but might need something for the bridge. We will talk this week.

Jeff
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 01:16 PM

Reviews: 10

very nice guitar! I really like the grey color too!

I'm curious what these are going for because there is a black 1451 for sale here on CL and the guy is asking $650.

Tags
rg1451

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in