NGD: Ibanez RG3250 Fluorescent Orange - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 11:53 AM Thread Starter

NGD: Ibanez RG3250 Fluorescent Orange

I almost missed this Ibanez RG3250 FOR. But pics first

In fact I asked a different seller for another guitar initially. The color on that is somewhat similar to this, but I never saw it in person so I actually can't tell....

As I was waiting for that guitar to arrive, being very anxious for it, I coincidentally told a member on one of these boards that I was getting the guitar. He response was "oh, is it the guitar you saw on...?". And I was like "yes, that's the guitar." Then he broke the bad news to me. The guitar was already bought, he bought it, found out that it was repainted (terribly), and had a nut crack the seller didn't mention anything of. He even sent me the photos he took to file his claim and finally return the guitar back to the seller.

So we found out that we were talking about the same seller, and I just asked our local post office to return it once it arrived. I wish the seller notified me of these issues when we spoke over the phone. It's not at all a good idea to be buying impulsive online.

The same week another seller put this RG3250 FOR up online. I had to convince him to ship it to Toronto. He agreed. I was really happy to see it packed like a pro. The seller even covered shipping as a Christmas gift!

Came with all the good stuff and the manual. Everything's in perfect condition. The pickguard has pick scrapes if you look under correct lighting. One of the stud lock screws were stuck... I had to take it out and start a thread here to release that jam. Thanks guys. I'm very happy with this guitar. The pics never come out good with a phone like mine. Orange is one of my favorite colors and love maple boards. It's a really good purchase for me.

Thanks and have a fantastic year end!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-27-2015, 10:15 PM

Reviews: 3
Re: NGD: Ibanez RG3250 Fluorescent Orange

Awesome score! I loved these when they came out, always wanted one but never could pull the trigger. Congrats!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2015, 02:30 AM Thread Starter

Coopster, I never imagined I'd ever see any of these in my own hands. This year I played a desert yellow for a bit, a superb color. But I sold that towards this as orange is personal favourite. I never imagined I'd be able to get my hands on this one either. Always looked at the pics, and turned away thinking I'd never find one. But I did!
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-29-2015, 08:44 PM

Awesome. It's in such good condition. Congrats!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesan View Post
Coopster, I never imagined I'd ever see any of these in my own hands. This year I played a desert yellow for a bit, a superb color. But I sold that towards this as orange is personal favourite. I never imagined I'd be able to get my hands on this one either. Always looked at the pics, and turned away thinking I'd never find one. But I did!
Did you end up selling the desert yellow locally (kijiji)?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Yep. That was a fantastic guitar. Unklpunk set it up really well in terms of fret end polishing, truss rod adjustments, and the intonation was great. I keep looking at the pictures I took of it. I really couldn't tell you why I sold that guitar, and in fact, I took down the ad. In the process a guy got in touch and he was interested, but I wasn't keen on selling it anymore. He really wanted the guitar though, I and gave him the shot to call it or not. He agreed, bought it. Made me regret my decision a little. I forgot why I bought such a bright color at the first place. It's a big FU to any convention, something I need in my life right now. I realized it back when the guitar was in his hands. I got almost the same amount I got the guitar for.

This RG3250 FOR wasn't set up like Unklpunk's DY. I needed to adjust the studs as well as the intonation. The fret ends aren't polished, but the fretboard still feels great without the binding. Got it setup. It plays just as well. I'm really grateful to have a neon back in just 2 -3 weeks. Love this instrument absolutely.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Yep. That was a fantastic guitar. Unklpunk set it up really well in terms of fret end polishing, truss rod adjustments, and the intonation was great. I keep looking at the pictures I took of it. I really couldn't tell you why I sold that guitar, and in fact, I took down the ad. In the process a guy got in touch and he was interested, but I wasn't keen on selling it anymore. He really wanted the guitar though, I and gave him the shot to call it or not. He agreed, bought it. Made me regret my decision a little. I forgot why I bought such a bright color at the first place. It's a big FU to any convention, something I need in my life right now. I realized it back when the guitar was in his hands. I got almost the same amount I got the guitar for.

This RG3250 FOR wasn't set up like Unklpunk's DY. I needed to adjust the studs as well as the intonation. The fret ends aren't polished, but the fretboard still feels great without the binding. Got it setup. It plays just as well. I'm really grateful to have a neon back in just 2 -3 weeks. Love this instrument absolutely.
I like the orange better too. It's still "in your face" but more subtle! It's funny that you got to basically swap the exact same guitar, just different colours. This one looks like excellent condition too. Nice! Did it end up costing you the same?
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-31-2015, 07:32 PM

awesome axe!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveche View Post
I like the orange better too. It's still "in your face" but more subtle! It's funny that you got to basically swap the exact same guitar, just different colours. This one looks like excellent condition too. Nice! Did it end up costing you the same?
Yep, that's exactly what I did. I hardly see these on kijiji or other sites. The DY wasn't even on the market. Unklpunk wasn't even planning on selling it initially, but months later when I got back to him, he agreed. And the only other RG3250 I found on kijiji, is with me now, heh.

It cost almost the same, a difference of $1000 +/-.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkAlbuquerque View Post
awesome axe!
Thanks a lot & Happy New Year!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Btw, what's your opinion on the RGD2120 cobweb?
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-01-2016, 09:16 PM

Reviews: 13

That babe must look awesome on the stage.
How about the trem, do you like it?
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2016, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Yes, I wish I had a stage! haha.

I don't mind the trem. I've been practicing, but I need to integrate trem use much more. I've always had floating bridges because of it's tuning stability.

However, the trem feels a little tough, it could be because I'm using 10-46s. Is it something you get used to, or do you actually prefer 9-42s for trem use on licks and phrases?
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Yes, I wish I had a stage! haha.

I don't mind the trem. I've been practicing, but I need to integrate trem use much more. I've always had floating bridges because of it's tuning stability.

However, the trem feels a little tough, it could be because I'm using 10-46s. Is it something you get used to, or do you actually prefer 9-42s for trem use on licks and phrases?
The reason it's so tight is the Tension bar that's part of the Zero point system. It's a much tighter trem that your typical OFR/OE/LP, which prevents fluttering and stuff. I actually prefer the looser feel of the OFR/OE/LP for my bridges, jsut feels easier to control than that stiff Edge Zero.

However, if you take out the tension bar, it does loosen up quite a bit and feels more like a regular floating trem and not so stiff. If you think it's a bit too stiff, take out that tension bar.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
The reason it's so tight is the Tension bar that's part of the Zero point system. It's a much tighter trem that your typical OFR/OE/LP, which prevents fluttering and stuff. I actually prefer the looser feel of the OFR/OE/LP for my bridges, jsut feels easier to control than that stiff Edge Zero.

However, if you take out the tension bar, it does loosen up quite a bit and feels more like a regular floating trem and not so stiff. If you think it's a bit too stiff, take out that tension bar.
Yeah. If you're more into tuning stability, keep the stopper in the back. If you're more into using the trem and a more traditional trem feel, take the stopper out. Just like the OE/LP/EP bridges, tuning stability should be pretty good without the stopper, but I think the biggest benefit of the stopper on the EZ is when doing bends and double bends, and just returning to "absolute zero" all the time. I prefer it with the stopper out myself, more fluid trem feel and with the EZ's screw-in-type bar there's tons of flutter. With the stopper out, it's not as stiff, but still a little stiffer than my guitars with OE/LP/EP. I'm the opposite of Matias, I actually find it easier to control pitches with the slightly stiffer EZ trem over my LP for example. I prefer the OE/LP/EP for other reasons though

For people with an EZ who don't really use trem's but don't block them either, the stopper is a plus IMO.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-04-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveche View Post
Yeah. If you're more into tuning stability, keep the stopper in the back. If you're more into using the trem and a more traditional trem feel, take the stopper out. Just like the OE/LP/EP bridges, tuning stability should be pretty good without the stopper, but I think the biggest benefit of the stopper on the EZ is when doing bends and double bends, and just returning to "absolute zero" all the time. I prefer it with the stopper out myself, more fluid trem feel and with the EZ's screw-in-type bar there's tons of flutter. With the stopper out, it's not as stiff, but still a little stiffer than my guitars with OE/LP/EP. I'm the opposite of Matias, I actually find it easier to control pitches with the slightly stiffer EZ trem over my LP for example. I prefer the OE/LP/EP for other reasons though

For people with an EZ who don't really use trem's but don't block them either, the stopper is a plus IMO.
I dunno, I just like the OE/LP feel. That's not to say I hate the EZ (I had 2 prestiges before with them as my first introduction to floating trems), but I like the looser feel for some reason. I don't hate the EZ though, I just prefer not to have it

Tags
premium , prestige , rg3550 , rga , rgt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode