Ibanez JEM Forum banner

NGD: Ibanez RG560 '89

4K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  snaggleyoda 
#1 ·
I'm going to be honest here, I bought this guitar a month ago, so it's not that new to me anymore. However, it's also my first post here, so hello guys!

I've been looking for an old RG 5XX since I played one at my guitar teacher's about 15 years ago. I've had a Korean RG470 which I bought just to flip it, but although it played well, I wasn't impressed with the TRS trem and the sound, and it had a rather boring dark blue finish. A year later I sold my Jackson King V in order to finally buy an RG5XX, and here it is.

It's in quite good condition mechanically, it has some dings in the wood, but nothing bad and if anything it makes it look a bit cooler. The only downside is that the frets are quite worn. I'm thinking of having it refretted. The guitar is 100% what I'm looking for, and I love the finish, so investing in it feels like the right choice. I'm in an active, gigging band, so it gets a lot of playing time along with my Charvel San Dimas. :)

Anyways, thought I'd say hi and show you my Ibanez! I also have an RB630 II bass which I also might make a thread about.

See less See more
#5 ·
it looks killer.... I just got an RG560 Reverse headstock and really wanted to know what they go for or how rare are they? The one I got is a '91 in neon purple.... really nice neck but body has it's marks as well... cool look...lol
anyway, take care and thanks,
Bo

#8 ·
Definitely get that puppy refretted, & hold on to it. I have an 86 Roadstar 2 I refretted myself with jescar Evo gold jumbos. You'll actually improve your action doing it. Anyway you'll never get what that puppies really worth, as your not gonna find a better Guitar for the coin. My 3 favorites are my Roadstar 2, my yard sale special Jackson USA tele, & rg520qs. Each one plays a different role.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.