NGD: J-Custom 8527VV!!! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:15 AM Thread Starter

NGD: J-Custom 8527VV!!!

Just picked this one up! The pickups have been swapped out for D-activators which sound really really good IMO, I like them more than some Bareknuckle stuff I've tried.

Build quality is really good as expected from a J-Custom, much better than my 2127z was. This is probably one of my favorite production guitars of all time, and I have owned a ton of guitars I am LOVING the colour on this one as well.

Here are some bad pictures I took right after getting it, I just wiped the top down, waxed it and cleaned the guitar up and it looks WAY better than in these pictures, oh well!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 03:01 AM

Re: NGD: J-Custom 8527VV!!!

Nice score, amazing looking guitar and one of the best tops ive ever seen.! If these are bad pictures id love to see the good ones!!!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 06:10 AM

Wow!!! Absolutely stunning JC you got there. Looks amazing. Great score!!!
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 06:44 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys, Ill try and get some good pics tmr as well if tye weather cooperates.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 AM

WOW ! This is niiiiiiiiiice ! Congratulations
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:13 PM

Awesome! I also have an RG8527VV.Mine is a 2004.Congrats on a killer guitar ,one of the best 7's out there.Peace.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:32 PM

Reviews: 9

I like it! One of the nicest looking traditional color flamed super strats I have ever seen. It, to me, sits right there nicely with some historical Les Pauls it terms of classic look, but of course this breaths a bit more fire. Just love it.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 05:35 PM

Stealth, you son of a... by far, my absolute favorite Ibanez.

No, seriously though, major grats. Is it as minty as it looks? If you ever decide to sell it, I'll personally drive up there to pick it up
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 06:57 PM

Reviews: 1

Very nice. I like the inset knobs. The Vintage Violin finish is at the top of my want list. It just screams "class". Congrats.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by November5th View Post
Awesome! I also have an RG8527VV.Mine is a 2004.Congrats on a killer guitar ,one of the best 7's out there.Peace.
Oh sweet! Its cool someone else in Canada has one. We honestly dont tend to get too many cool guitars up north here. I had never even seen a J-Custom in real life before I bought this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_with_v View Post
I like it! One of the nicest looking traditional color flamed super strats I have ever seen. It, to me, sits right there nicely with some historical Les Pauls it terms of classic look, but of course this breaths a bit more fire. Just love it.
Yup! I was GAS'ing for an LP but dont get along with ToMs so this is close enough. Similar wood combo and finish..plus its actually playable

Quote:
Originally Posted by webmaestro View Post
Stealth, you son of a... by far, my absolute favorite Ibanez.

No, seriously though, major grats. Is it as minty as it looks? If you ever decide to sell it, I'll personally drive up there to pick it up
It is fairly minty, its weird though...the body/neck etc seem almost flawless besides the usual small nicks/scratches but the bridge has some of the black wearing off and the finish on the tuners is relatively worn. I will probably be selling this in the next week or so as I have a Daemoness to pay for lol
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
I will probably be selling this in the next week or so as I have a Daemoness to pay for lol
Are you serious!? Because I was serious too. Okay, maybe not about the driving part, but I'd definitely pay shipping+ to get that baby down here
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

Yeah! I'll hit you up once I deicide to sell ^_^
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 08:11 PM

Reviews: 10

stunningly beautiful guitar - congrats man! Can I ask where you got it? I've never seen a J-Custom in real life since none of the music stores up here ever get them in... at least I've never seen one in all my years of frequenting the music stores in the Vancouver area...it is sooooo nice - you should keep it
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 08:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
stunningly beautiful guitar - congrats man! Can I ask where you got it? I've never seen a J-Custom in real life since none of the music stores up here ever get them in... at least I've never seen one in all my years of frequenting the music stores in the Vancouver area...it is sooooo nice - you should keep it
You are more than welcome to come and try it out! I might have to be in north van soonish anyways to drop a guitar off with a tech up there so I can meet you somewhere if you want to try it out? Its a fun guitar for sure! And yeah I had NEVER seen a J-Custom in person either before.
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 10:18 PM

Reviews: 120

Wow that is an amazing looking guitar. It it plays half as good as it looks I bet it kills!

Tags
ibanez 8527vv

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode