NGD: Jackson SLSMG Eerie Dess Swirl - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 01:00 PM Thread Starter

NGD: Jackson SLSMG Eerie Dess Swirl

It was my dream guitar for a couple of years. Original EMG set was replaced with a pair of DiMarzio Breeds, now it has more tonal variety. The nicest guitar I've ever had without a doubt, and not only it looks beautiful, it plays equally well. Build quality is top notch, as on almost any MIJ guitar I've had. SLSMG stands for super lightweight Soloist - despite the name, it's not a light guitar, at 3,9 kg, it's a bit heavier than the RGs I had recently (RG560, RG7620). Overall, I'm absolutely happy with it. SLSMGs are of great value, you can get a black one on 'bay for around $400, an absolute bargain.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 04:58 PM

Re: NGD: Jackson SLSMG Eerie Dess Swirl

Happy NGD, you got an awesome example of one of those! Always Loved the SLSMG, and I've always thought the Eerie Dess finish is mega-rad. That particular Jackson headstock is my favorite as well.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 05:43 PM

Reviews: 10

that finish is awesome! I like the headstock design too...very nice guitar indeed - congratulations!!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 07:19 PM

Nice! I've always loved the DS finish, and kick myself for not picking one up on a DK1 years ago
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-15-2014, 02:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks, guys. Eerie Dess is one of the nicest non-custom finishes indeed. It would be cool to have a poker of ED guitars, as the Rhoads, the Kelly, the Dinky and the Soloist were all available with this finish.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 10:18 AM

That finish is amazing. I think the only other Jackson I've seen that's near as good or better is the Nebula USA Select. Happy NGD
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 12:44 PM

nice pic! pro level : ) HNGD
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 01:52 PM

I have an SL2H with the ED paint. Once I have enough posts, I'll put up a pic.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 02:20 PM

SWEET! I've always loved that paint job! I'm gonna have to experiment and try and match it! Could look cool in other complementing colors like reds, oranges, yellows...
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 03:17 PM

Very cool. I've never seen any closeups of that finish. The small pics I've seen of it don't do it justice.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-17-2014, 04:02 AM

Whoa!

I'm usually not a huge fan of string-through's or painted necks...yet that guitar is badass enough to over-rule both of those issues! I'd play that guy until I wear the back of the neck down to the truss rod cavity, haha!

Enjoy man!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-18-2014, 08:45 PM
Rab

Nice Jackson and nice pictures...
Love that finish and the headstock...The Breed is a nice move. They going to give you the warms needed cause thats a neck thro guitar which gives lots of highs...
Looks like an Ebony board you got there...Verry nice Indeed...
Mind you there arent many around like yours..Let alone regular finish..Looks like they made them for a couple of years and stopped. I gotta admit, im drawn by it..She is a beauty, And i have over 30 guitars in my collection..lol..
Found a couple of Ebay but not with your finish..One was cobalt blue though..

Last edited by Rab; 03-19-2014 at 11:22 AM.

Tags
jackson , slsmg

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode