NGD: JCRG21A! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

NGD: JCRG21A!

I had been trolling used.guitarcenter.com when I came by this vaguely nondescript but expensive Ibanez. I noticed the inlay looked familiar (I realized later that I recognized it from the JCRG21B) so I googled "j-custom winged inlay" and found out what it was. I immediately realized it would probably go fast but didn't have enough money and was heartbroken when I called and was told that they no longer do 30-day holds on used gear. So, I IMed my wife mostly joking around:

Me: "Hey, I found what I want for my birthday! I can get it now but am a little short..."
Her: "Cool, what is it?"
Me: "A badass guitar! 1 of 12, it's never EVER going to be available again! ...EVER! "
Her: "*rolleyes* Another one? fine, how much is a little short?"
Me: "Just like... $1200 short"
Her: "What?!? How much is... no, I don't want to know. hold on"
Her: "Check your account, Happy B-Day"

The rest of the conversation is too laden with excited inappropriate language to retype here

Anyway, it arrived today and is stunning! I'm at work so I can't really give it much attention but the initial lookover came up with not even the tiniest ding. I looks like it just sat in a case for a long time as the frets need a polish really bad but aren't worn at all. So, I present my first real J-Custom:

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_01.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_02.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_03.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_04.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:43 PM

Re: NGD: JCRG21A!

Unreal!!! Gorgeous guitar. The top on that is just beautiful. Easily one of the best NGD's I've seen on here for a good while. Massive congratz!!! I love it!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:44 PM

Reviews: 11

So ... when I ask what model do I want... this was never mentioned....

Im in love with it! Congrats dude!
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM
Vendor

I guess they took it in trade then. I got the call from the salesman asking me to identify it. I told him if he didn't take it let the guy know I was interested!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxpenguin View Post
So ... when I ask what model do I want... this was never mentioned....

Im in love with it! Congrats dude!
NO! It's mine dammit! You get enough awesome guitars :P

Seriously though, these small runs seem to get forgotten a lot and/or there is so little info on them in the first place. A perfect example of that is my RG-PR1. I'm pretty sure the only two sites on the internet with relevant information on it are here and Rich's sale post where I bought it (still listed in his Used Sold section).
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I guess they took it in trade then. I got the call from the salesman asking me to identify it. I told him if he didn't take it let the guy know I was interested!
Ha! So it was you who told him! I was shocked when the guy actually knew some facts about it. Honestly, now that I see it this is more like the pieces you get than I would expect to find at a GC.

Want to still "Platinum" it up for me? *evilgrin*
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEmuOfDoom View Post
NO! It's mine dammit! You get enough awesome guitars :P

Seriously though, these small runs seem to get forgotten a lot and/or there is so little info on them in the first place. A perfect example of that is my RG-PR1. I'm pretty sure the only two sites on the internet with relevant information on it are here and Rich's sale post where I bought it (still listed in his Used Sold section).
Yeah these rare birds are hard to come by and sometimes you just have to get lucky to actually pick one up. I prefer your model to the JCRG21-B though I'd be happy with either
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 03:59 PM
Vendor

Let me sell it to you and I'll Platinum it all day long
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 04:06 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Yeah these rare birds are hard to come by and sometimes you just have to get lucky to actually pick one up. I prefer your model to the JCRG21-B though I'd be happy with either
True, sometimes it's just about timing. Except for LinuxPenguin who finds awesome deals almost daily! Any better and he's gonna start finding SK Jem's on sidewalks...
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 04:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Let me sell it to you and I'll Platinum it all day long
If I thought I could afford it I would in a heartbeat
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 04:34 PM

I'd love to hear your opinion of the J Custom when you actually get some playing time on it. Thank you!!!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 04:49 PM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
True, sometimes it's just about timing. Except for LinuxPenguin who finds awesome deals almost daily! Any better and he's gonna start finding SK Jem's on sidewalks...

You're barkin up the wrong tree mate

I find the middle level ones at awesome prices. Ive yet to find a good deal on a j custom

The problem with j customs, is that people who OWN j customs know EXACTLY what they have.... hard to get a "good deal" out of that

This is a stunning guitar man, I really really like it a lot, color and everything. the only thing thats at all "iffy" to me is that strange inlay on the 12th fret. thats not a butterfly is it?
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 05:15 PM

Wow, awesome axe! Neck-thru and a Roland GK system built in? That is one hell of a guitar.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 PM

Quote:
I had been trolling used.guitarcenter.com when I came by this vaguely nondescript but expensive Ibanez. I noticed the inlay looked familiar (I realized later that I recognized it from the JCRG21B) so I googled "j-custom winged inlay" and found out what it was. I immediately realized it would probably go fast but didn't have enough money and was heartbroken when I called and was told that they no longer do 30-day holds on used gear. So, I IMed my wife mostly joking around:

Me: "Hey, I found what I want for my birthday! I can get it now but am a little short..."
Her: "Cool, what is it?"
Me: "A badass guitar! 1 of 12, it's never EVER going to be available again! ...EVER! "
Her: "*rolleyes* Another one? fine, how much is a little short?"
Me: "Just like... $1200 short"
Her: "What?!? How much is... no, I don't want to know. hold on"
Her: "Check your account, Happy B-Day"

The rest of the conversation is too laden with excited inappropriate language to retype here

Anyway, it arrived today and is stunning! I'm at work so I can't really give it much attention but the initial lookover came up with not even the tiniest ding. I looks like it just sat in a case for a long time as the frets need a polish really bad but aren't worn at all. So, I present my first real J-Custom:

http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_01.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_02.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_03.jpg
http://i1013.photobucket.com/albums/...JCRG21A_04.jpg
D**N you! So you're the one who got it! I was on it like white on rice, but had to move some cash around. Because of the holiday Monday I didn't get it done until Tuesday, by which time you had already snagged it. Glad to see it was a Jemsiter who got her, but tell your wife she needs to be less cool next time!

It actually ended up working out well for me, as two days later a different GC put up an American Master (at a great price none the less), which I've been lusting after forever and have finally gotten my grubby mitts on. Had I gotten the J, there's no way I could have gotten the AM. So congrats on a beautiful guitar, and thanks for helping me out in a roundabout way!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

LinuxPenguin: True but I'm usually the guy who just misses it Its hard to describe the inlay, I'll try to get a pic when the kids are asleep.

DaylightDies: I saw that one! It looked awesome, plz post pics when you get it. I'll admit it, even though I had just ordered this one and was bursting with excitement, I was still a little jealous to see that AM go for that price. Im glad to hear you grabbed it

Tags
j-custom , jcrg21a

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode