NGD: JPM P1 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

6Likes
  • 3 Post By froctavio
  • 3 Post By froctavio

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

NGD: JPM P1

Hello guys.

After what has been 20 years since I started to play guitar and introduced to Dream Theater through a group of friends as a teenager. I was given a VHS tape of them and was super impress by how different their music was from what I was used to listening until that point in time. Was the first time seeing the amazing Picasso Ibanez from John Petrucci that really stood out to me as someone who was just learning how to play guitar.

In 2001 I went to Europe for the first time and went to a guitar shop in Brighton UK and was blown away that they had an actual John Petrucci Ibanez which at the time I had no clue you could buy them. I was beyond happy and wanted to buy the guitar SO badly... but the reality was that the price was my whole budget for my trip which started in UK and finished in Prague a week and half later.
So sadly was not able to buy the guitar. Ever since I have wanted to buy one
but Never saw one ever again (in person) until a few days ago that I finally managed to get one from UK ironically.

So I am beyond Happy to have been able to get this guitar after all this years. I was finally able to afford one and fortunate that it is in pretty good condition.
I still can't believe I have the guitar. It is surreal. It has felt like when I got my very first electric guitar after saving money for half a year and staring at the Fender guitar catalog of 97 for months before been able to get my first guitar which was a white Squier with a dark rosewood fretboard.
So getting the Ibanez JPM P1 felt like being a teenager back in 1998 again XD

Bellow I have attached a picture of her with the rest of my colorful Ibanez guitars.
Taught I would share my story.
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ibanez_AOA_GLOW_sm.jpg (259.4 KB, 108 views)
jemsite, jono and scallybert like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 04:58 PM

Re: NGD: JPM P1

Congrats! I missed the opportunity to buy a JPM2 and JPM3 for 1500€ esch some years ago; now that prices have risen I regret not buying at least one.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 04:26 AM

The face dots on frets 15-24 look wrong. They should be smaller. Can you take more pics?
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 02:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyansal View Post
Congrats! I missed the opportunity to buy a JPM2 and JPM3 for 1500 esch some years ago; now that prices have risen I regret not buying at least one.
Muchas gracias Vyansal.

I know the feeling. I also missed a few good opportunities last year with a P1 and HAM that were being sold locally, but found out too late.

Also looking online and seeing previous posts of sold guitars on Reverb and Ebay, notice how much more expensive this guitars have gotten in the past year and half by increasing by an average in the ballpark of around a 1,000 more. Which is quite a huge increase for a lapse of 1.5-2 years I think.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 02:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JeKo- View Post
The face dots on frets 15-24 look wrong. They should be smaller. Can you take more pics?
Hello Jeko.

You are absolutely right about the dots on frets 15-24.
When I got the guitar I was a bit puzzle at first due to the difference in color and size, then realized it was a dot sticker the previous owner/s had on the guitar.

I will take some better pictures in day light.

This is the P1 of 97 from UK that we were chatting on facebook last month. It finally arrived.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:49 AM

Glad to hear. Hope you enjoy it! Even though I just recently sold mine, I still enjoy NGD's involving a JPM, especially P1 ;-)
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 02:52 AM Thread Starter

Hello -Jeko-

I am posting here a much better picture of the guitar on indirect natural light on a bit of a cloudy day. Since the room was small the white walls were perfect to bounce light evenly which worked perfectly to take this picture. (go figure my bathroom ended up being the perfect place to take the pictures with the ideal lighting condition).

I took the stickers inlay dots so now the actual ones can be seen.
The colors on the picture are very accurate with the exception of the blue color that appear lighter in shade likely being the color that reflects the most light.

Overall the guitar is in excellent condition. Just a tiny ding near the plug on the back and a tiny bit of rust on 4 of the rings of the bridge pick up as well as a bit of wear on the edge of the saddle of the 6 string. Also missing the back plate to the tremolo bay. So those would be the small imperfections on the guitar that are not apparent on the picture but easy to ignore.

I am very pleased with the purchase. I was blown away by the one you was selling on in such a pristine condition, but Cites was an issue. So this one ended up being the best alternative that I could actually get. I still had to get the Cites permit, but because the guitar was coming from UK, i was able to get the permit through SellmyJem. So it all worked out at the end. Also the seller was great and very helpful.

The guitar sounds great but I am thinking of changing the pick ups for some new ones with colors that match those of the guitar. I will be posting some possible ideas of combinations of colors before I order them.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AOA_JPM_P1_web.jpg (201.2 KB, 44 views)
Powerslave214, -JeKo- and dazzo88 like this.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 12:07 PM

Hi, its Paul, the guy you bought the guitar from!, glad to see you got it safe and enjoying it.
I did place the larger fret dot stickers on the top frets as the originals were just too small for me, the original dots get smaller and smaller and in poor light you see nothing, I just like the dot to catch my eye when playing fast sections.
I'm a cheat, anything to make crazy Vai compositions a fraction easier
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 01:55 PM

If you really wanna see well in the dark put a dab of photoluminescent paint on the side fret markers. It's a great cheat, & no one sees it but you.
snaggleyoda is online  
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Hi Paul.

What a nice surprise.
Thank You so much for all your attention and patience through the process of getting the guitar. It is much appreciated

I am extremely happy to get the guitar after lusting for having one for 20 years.

The guitar is in great condition and plays fantastic. I liked that it also does sound different to my other guitars which it is a welcome addition. It plays great with the really low action setup it has.

I notice the inlay dot stickers and figured out it was indeed to help visualize seeing or recognizing the areas faster with a quick glance at the neck. It has also worked for me since during the week days i play at night with dim lights (as can be seen on the first picture) and the white inlays against the dark rosewood color really pop and easy to see. So it makes complete sense why you added them. (will likely put them back).

Hahaha.. I think all of this cheats are great if they do help you achieve and improve your performance with the instrument no matter what lighting condition you are in.

Thanks for the awesome guitar Paul
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-09-2018, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion Snaggleyoda.

I didn't taught about that, but it makes complete sense. Perhaps something that I could add to all of my guitars.

Thanks for the info.

Tags
ibanez , john petrucci , jpm , jpm p1 , ngd.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode