NGD, Kiesel Vader V6 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 09:41 AM Thread Starter

Reviews: 1
NGD, Kiesel Vader V6

Got her Saturday, just got around to taking pics today.
Seriously nice build, got in on the Wired guitarist Kiesel Run. I have #71/100.

Specs are:
Vader V6 model (six string)
Purple Cali burst
Birdseye maple color treated purple
SS Jumbo frets
25.5" scale
AAAA flame maple top
Ash wings- blacked out
Natural binding
Glossy Clearcoat
5 Pc Maple and Purpleheart neck lamination.
Tung oiled neck.
20" Radius
Purpleheart Cavity cover.
Creme and black zebra Lithium pups.
Copper Shielding in the control cavity.
I only had to do limited setup, i.e. lower the action 3/4 turn on the saddles. Fit and finish is insane, the color is hard to completely capture, it stays purple from edge to center, but just lighter as it progresses inward. The flam is pretty coo. One other Vader run member noticed between the pickups, it looks like a fist is grabbing the figuring to distort it.

I am rapidly bonding with this guitar.
The neck profile is somewhere between a wizard and (not quite as thin) and a shallow D.
it is so fast feeling.
The Lithium pickups remind me somewhat of a Tone Zone/Fred Combo. they have some midrange honk, but not over done. They sound great clean and dirty. I was concerned about them beforhttpse it showed up, but they sound great.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 11:40 AM

Re: NGD, Kiesel Vader V6

Wow sweet! You got one of the Vader run. that's a sweet cali burst, happy NGD
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 03:21 PM Thread Starter

Kiesel have the best customer service as well. They posted videos during the run to show us where our guitars were in the process. It was very cool. Personal messages from Jeff himself in each video.
post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
Kiesel have the best customer service as well. They posted videos during the run to show us where our guitars were in the process. It was very cool. Personal messages from Jeff himself in each video.
You' preaching to the choir man. I have a JB200, it's definitely my number 1 by far
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 06:23 PM

That finish is amazing!
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 07:07 PM

Happy NGD! That's a beautiful Vader! I'm about three weeks away from the competition of my second V6 and can't wait to get my hands on it! I ordered my first out of curiosity since I'd never owned a headless and was curious to see if Carvin had stepped up their game as much as they seemed to have, and was definitely pleasantly surprised.

They're really building top tier axes at amazing prices these days, and they really knocked it out of the park with the Vader design, and Lithium pickups. I've owned a few Carvins over the years, and as pretty as some have been, and as much as I always wanted to like them, I always came away ambivalent about them in the past, and never thought I'd see the day where I'd LOVE a set of Carvin stock pickups, but I'm incredibly impressed with them now. They've definitely upped their game significantly since Jeff seems to be guiding the business, and they split off under the Kiesel name. And their customer service is top notch too.

I'm slotted for a Kiesel Edition build after my second Vader, and can see myself giving them a lot of my guitar money since they cover several styles, shapes, etc. I'm DYING for one of the Becker numbers guitars, but gotta wait and go one at a time

Anyway, congrats on the beautiful Vader. I think you'll love it!
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

I already do. The thing is sick.
Congrats on yours. What are you building?
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bammbamm View Post
I already do. The thing is sick.
Congrats on yours. What are you building?
Yeah man, they're great aren't they? I sat down with one of my other mainstay guitars this morning after playing nothing but my Vader for a couple of weeks, and my other guitars just don't seem nearly as comfortable to play, after getting used to the ergonomics of the Vader. It's just so comfortable in any playing position, and you don't realize how much easier it makes things until you go back to something else. My only gripe would be that I wish they could offer the Vader in their thinner neck profile. The V6 profile isn't uncomfortable by any stretch, but I'd still prefer a hair thinner and flatter. Apparently there's a risk of the wood breaking around the carbon fiber rods if they go any thinner or something. Regardless, it's really just uber-neurosis on my part. I think if I switched to my standard .09-.46 strings it might solve my gripe as well. The 10's feel to stiff to me in combination with a little larger neck.

Anyway, my first is spec'd pretty basic outside a blank Birdseye maple fretboard and evo gold frets, just to see if I liked the guitar design overall, and was curious about the fret wire, as for the specs of my next one:

Swamp ash body with antique ash treatment
Swamp Ash top in deep lizard burst
Natural binding effect on top
Deep bevel binding effect on lower cutaway
Gloss finish on the entire body
5 piece maple neck with tung oil finish
Ebony fretboard with signature inlays
27 in. Scale
14 in radius
Stainless steel frets
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

The Tung oil finish on the neck is pure sex.
They really know how to make these things pop.
You have to post pics when you build her!
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 04:35 PM

Awesome, didnt know we had any fellow jemsite guys get in on it too.
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Awesome, didnt know we had any fellow jemsite guys get in on it too.
I pretty much blame you and your firestain Vader for inflaming my GAS for one....to the extent that I will now have two. Yep, you're an enabler.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-29-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
I pretty much blame you and your firestain Vader for inflaming my GAS for one....to the extent that I will now have two. Yep, you're an enabler.
We need more JB200 owners on jemsite though... I think me and Rab are the only 2
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
We need more JB200 owners on jemsite though... I think me and Rab are the only 2
See comment above about me needing a numbers guitar. It WILL happen soon. I've been on the verge of buying a JB200 for a while now, but quality of Carvin's pickups and electronics have always been a turn off for me. Now that they seem to have stepped up their game though, it's more difficult to say no. Rab's walnut JB is seriously a thing of beauty, and his playing is awesome too!
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaylightDies View Post
See comment above about me needing a numbers guitar. It WILL happen soon. I've been on the verge of buying a JB200 for a while now, but quality of Carvin's pickups and electronics have always been a turn off for me. Now that they seem to have stepped up their game though, it's more difficult to say no. Rab's walnut JB is seriously a thing of beauty, and his playing is awesome too!
I dunno what you think is so bad about the carvin pups, I LOVE the M22SD and M22V combo. the M22SD is a far more open sounding Dimarzio Super Distortion AND has more output. The M22V, may sound sterile to some people, but I LOVE the heck out of it. Very easy to tone shape. IMO it's the carvin version of the IBZ/USA F4, with a little more punch.

Oh if you were that upset about Carvin's pups, you can pay a slight upcharge (iirc 50 bucks) for the Duncan Perpetual Burn for the bridge in a JB200.

Personally, I've heard quite a few demos of the Kiesel pups and they aren't really my thing. Even a pro guitarist friend of mine likes the K14 pups in his DC727, but until I get my hands on a set or play his, I'm reserving judgement.
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-30-2015, 07:40 AM

NICE!!! Gotta love Carvin/Kiesel's use of quality woods. Congrats on a functional piece of art!

Tags
kiesel

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode