NGD: Les Paul Studio Premium Plus Blonde - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

NGD: Les Paul Studio Premium Plus Blonde

Well guys, as mentioned on another thread i am moving away from the RG's and have started to test out other things. I was just about to pull the trigger on a used PRS McCarty Standard but I happened to look up and saw the guitar that I had been lusting over since I first saw them a few years ago.

2006 Les Paul Studio Premium Plus Blonde

It is in like new condition, literally, not a scratch, not a fingerprint and zero fretwear. Apparently it sat in it's case because it is perfect.

Plays incredible and sounds awesome. Already started writing with it (and I just got it last night)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 03:26 PM

Re: NGD: Les Paul Studio Premium Plus Blonde

Really nice axe, congrats! "Incredible" and "awesome," huh? How exactly? What do you like about the sound? What are the pickups?

I really love the sound of my regular ebony Studio.

Peace

Mike
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-28-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter

Well, I'm not used to a big chord crunchy chord, I'm used to RG's. It's a different sound for me. Really strong and full. Probably brighter too from the maple cap but not overly bright like my maple fretboarded RG's were.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 05:13 AM

Reviews: 34

Yes, I like that a lot.

I am really digging Les Pauls at the moment, and that is really beautiful.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 05:36 AM

Wow that is a stunner of a Studio very nice looking axe!! Hope it plays as well as it looks.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-01-2010, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

It is the best playing Les Paul I have picked up. The beauty was a treat but what really sold me on it was how well it played and sounded when plugged into a Fender Deluxe in the store.

Thanks!!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-02-2010, 11:09 AM

Those are definitely my fave Studios.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-04-2010, 01:07 PM

Very Nice!

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
It is the best playing Les Paul I have picked up. The beauty was a treat but what really sold me on it was how well it played and sounded when plugged into a Fender Deluxe in the store.

Thanks!!!!
It sounds like you ran the racks. Good for you! Some Gibsons are good, some bad, a few are keepers. Sometimes those keepers end up being the one-offs and oddball models as opposed to the old favorites. Can you share your experiences with some of the runner-ups?

Last edited by RedTiger; 11-04-2010 at 04:57 PM.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 07:30 AM

Reviews: 19

Good score, looks great!!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 07:50 AM

Nice one Jeff
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 10:52 AM

Very nice. I've wanted one just like it for some time. Congrats!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

so ummmm, I returned it about 2 weeks after I got it. While I enjoyed it, I had a chance to buy back the 540R-LTD i had to sell 6 months ago. Something had to give. I will be saving for a Traditional Pro after I buy my JS2400 which I think is next.

I'm schizo and so am I. GAS
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 12:49 PM

Quote:
so ummmm, I returned it about 2 weeks after I got it. While I enjoyed it, I had a chance to buy back the 540R-LTD i had to sell 6 months ago. Something had to give. I will be saving for a Traditional Pro after I buy my JS2400 which I think is next.

I'm schizo and so am I. GAS
If you have tried one out already, you probably already know, but just be aware that the Traditional Pro has a gloss top but the back is completely matte. And not just any matte, it's this weird looking matte that to me almost looked like they had shrink wrapped plastic with woodgrain printed on. That was a total turn-off for me. It looked cheap and it made me realize why they're as relatively cheap as they are.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-15-2010, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Red, I have tried them and I really like their versatility. I wasnt sure about that matte finish either at first but on the Ebony, it looks OK.

On those, it is definitely a "find the right one" kind of thing.

Wish I could find a JS2400 around here to play first too.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Red, I have tried them and I really like their versatility. I wasnt sure about that matte finish either at first but on the Ebony, it looks OK.

On those, it is definitely a "find the right one" kind of thing.

Wish I could find a JS2400 around here to play first too.
Whatever works. I went in to buy an $800 Tele and on a whim I tried a Studio Deluxe. That ended up being the end of the Les Paul search for now.

A few days later I went back in and decided to try a Traditional Pro and I saw why the two are relatively close in price. Yeah, the Trad Pro has binding, but that matte was just fugly. The Deluxe is basically a regular Traditional without binding and a figured top, but with the improvements of the Traditional Pro - grovers and coil tap.

I still considered taking it back and getting a used R8, but I've learned to never to return or sell something you love to get something "better". I think now I'm going to shop around for a 70's or early 80s Custom.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode