NGD: Mayones Regius 6, Trans Negative Fade Blackburst - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 03:46 AM Thread Starter

NGD: Mayones Regius 6, Trans Negative Fade Blackburst

Hello everybody!!

After months of GAS for a great Mayones Regius, I just found the one that fit exactly my tastes... here is quickly the specs:

Ash Body
11 piece, maple / Mahogany / wenge / Amazoke neck
ebony fretboard, with medium jumbo frets and pearl markers
BKP Juggernauts
Full binding,
Black stained back
Satin front and back
etc...

Just wish it had SS frets, but no big deal....

Here are some dealer pictures, I will post mine also, but need the perfect light to make this baby justice!! LOL

And here is a short demo song I recorded using the guitar....

No super shred here, no "djent"... just a quick song for fun Easy guys, I recorded it very quick!!

https://soundcloud.com/daniel-steck/mayones-regius

So here is the first impressions:

This is my first Mayones... I was pretty convinced that it would fit my tastes in terms of guitars, and well... it does!!

The positive:

THE NECK

On the paper, it can look not so thin, with its 20.5 mm at the nut... however, it feels very thin but much much more confortable than a wizard neck to me... Thanks mainly to the C profile, which I denitively prefer to a D one... Well great neck, very smooth, radius is a good balance between flatness and round... access to highs is just ridiculous perfect.

It reminds me a lot the regular Musicman JP neck (the BFR one, not the ultra thin on the JP 12)

OVERALL CONFORT

The guitar is not that light, but I like it... never found a super light guitar that sounded good (apart at home and alone)... well the rounded back makes it very confortable and it is well balanced, in all positions.

PICKUPS / SOUND

I love BKP and Juggernaut bridge pickup may be my Favorite... very organic, punchy, bright but not thin... The neck one is a bit too compressed for my taste, but still very OK... Sound good clean and with high gain...

BUILD QUALITY

I've yet to find any detail that is not perfect... nothing to say... it's on par with my Suhr guitars... well, maybe not on hidden stuff like wood choice, finish and stuff, but not very far...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 03:53 AM

Re: NGD: Mayones Regius 6, Trans Negative Fade Blackburst

Congrats man. That's very sexy guitar.

How are you finding the body size compared to Ibanez RG's? Are they significantly larger?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

Well maybe just a bit but not that much... and I have to say that the round hedges and back makes it a tad more comfortable than the typical RG body... I haven't even noticed that much the lack of arm bevel...
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 08:47 AM

Ah very cool. Mayones make a very nice looking guitar that's for sure. Yours is particularly hot.

From all things I've read the fit, finish and setup are also perfect right or of the box. I read somewhere that they're huge compared to RG style guitars. But I've never seen a photo of a Regius and RG together.

I just don't think I'll ever get to see one in person unless I order my own lol.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-02-2014, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

And some personal pictures... because I know you looove that 0

Great top isn't it??

and her butt...

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 04:04 PM

Very nice!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-08-2014, 04:26 PM

That is one nice looking instrument you have there.

Tags
bkp juggernauts

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode