NGD! .. The Muntster Rambo RG - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3
NGD! .. The Muntster Rambo RG

Woo Haa!

Beware of the awesome that is this beauty.

I have a bunch of Ibby's in parts at present and realized that I needed a beater to keep me playing, so I whipped this up over the weekend.

It is a damaged RG270 body (Dropped, Chipped & Cracked) and neck (cracked but hangin in there).

Body (ultra multi piece basswood) has been dropped but painted (kinda) matt black and has patches on the back and sides where I sanded back to figure out how many pieces it was made from(lots). The neck is totally bare and has been sanded back with 120 grit and left at that

Electronics have been scrounged and V2/S1/V1 pickups are from the RG550 project gat I have at home and....

To top it off and give it a little kudos I chucked on an original edge that I had spare and blocked it! roughly

I roughly (again) direct mounted the pups just to keep me happy as I am not the greatest pup ring fan.

It needs a proper set up but surprisingly, plays really well and is much more of a pleasure to play than I thought it would be so once setup should be killer.... till it disintergrates that is.

Possibly one of the ugliest RG's to ever grace this forum?

Last edited by kigorri; 09-27-2009 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Text laid out wrong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM

Re: NGD! .. The Muntster Rambo RG

No, probably one of the nicest RG's ever! I love guitars like these!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-27-2009, 09:40 PM

Looks cool, very natural look to the finish.

Teo
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 03:14 AM

Reviews: 21

man that looks pretty cool......great job!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 AM

Reviews: 1

yup... great job!!!
never thought a RG270 could support an edge tremolo... did you do a routing job?
the maple neck looks amazing... and the direct mounting pups gives you more chunck!!! nice man congrats!!!
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 04:04 AM

Sweet. I like!!!!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 11:49 AM

Reviews: 1

That looks awesome! and if the Edge fits in the rg270 then I have plans for my 270!
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-28-2009, 05:38 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 3

Hey guys, thanks a heaps for the support. I didn't think the ol beater would get any kind remarks. But yeah, I've changed my mind about 270's mainly because they are so cheap that you can make a bunch of dirty mods and no feel guilty about it

Re: the Edge. No I didnt rout but I did need to take off appox 1mm off each side at the rear of the trem to fit but apart from that it was a straight drop in. Remember that she's blocked though (what a waste) If I was to use it, I would consider routing the cavity a little deeper for more play.

Cheers guys!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-11-2009, 08:39 PM

very cool. I like.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2010, 02:14 AM

After seeing this I was inspired to hook up my 270dx. I kept the original bridge(blocked), but if I can get a Floyd I'd try to put that in. The black finish was all scratched and dented-I was going to spray flat black, but took a fine grit sanding sponge to it...and it looks real similar to this one...very smooth. I changed out the h-s-h p/u for a pair of EMG 81/85 with the 18 volt mod...got them for $100! I think this guitar is alive for the very first time! Thanks!

Tags
550 , original edge

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode