NGD - My guitars past and present - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

NGD - My guitars past and present

About a month ago my apartment was robbed, and after I came to grips with the fact that the police were doing absolutely nothing to get my baby back, I started looking for a new guitar.

What I came up with was a beautiful, absolutely stunning RG 550 reissue in Road Flare red.

The guitar I used to have was a gorgeous 2001 RG 570 Root Beer Metalic, as well as an older 1990 model rg 760 (I think, I don't have the serial anymore to confirm), pics to come once I've hit my 10 posts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 05:59 PM Thread Starter

Re: NGD - My guitars past and present

Oh, and some details on the 570 should anyone come across it -

• Has EMG 85's in the bridge and neck
  • Upper 5 frets were scalloped
  • Neck was re-fretted
It was a great guitar, I'm really going to miss it.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 06:10 PM

Sorry to hear that you had your guitar stolen, that really sucks and I hope you get it back. You should maybe post pics of it here if you have them as it might help in spotting it if it pops up anywhere. Looking forward to seeing your new 550!!
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Reviews: 13

Yeah, post some pics and maybe a mod could sticky it for a week or something, also keep a eye out on 'bay and various other sites. Look forward to seeing pictures of your 550, they're awesome!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 07:54 PM Thread Starter

unfortunately, it most likely is gone by now. The pathetic part is that the guy who took it, as shown on video tape, was arrested days later for other crimes. Local police refused to even ask him what happened to my stuff, it has really been a great headache and a really clear indication of poor police conduct. There was more than $3,000 dollars worth of things stolen, but apparently that wasn't enough, apparently felonies aren't worth pursuing anymore.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Okay, so here are some pictures of the new beauty.

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 09:46 PM Thread Starter

The 760 - returned to stock before I sold it. It was bone stock when I bought it - Petrucci's signature

Here's the 570

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-06-2012, 09:58 PM

I know your pain. Keep an eye for the next few months on Craigslist and visit the local pawn shops with pics of your guitars etc.

A bud of mine got his gear stolen and we went to all the local pawn shops with pics and serial numbers and he got his LP back but the rack gear never showed.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-07-2012, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDebris View Post
I know your pain. Keep an eye for the next few months on Craigslist and visit the local pawn shops with pics of your guitars etc.

A bud of mine got his gear stolen and we went to all the local pawn shops with pics and serial numbers and he got his LP back but the rack gear never showed.
Oh trust me, I've had an RSS feed on Ibanez guitars on craigslist since the day it was taken. I was told by the police not to go to pawn shops, that "they were taking care of it", but I'm not so sure.

I've put up online ads asking for information, and aside from one attempt at scamming me out of 100 dollars, nothing has come of it.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 10:25 AM

Sorry to hear about the break in. I got lucky a few years back as some punks broke into our house while we were out of town but got "surprised" when a neighbor came to check on the place. The would-be burglars ran out as fast as they could with only a few small items. I was very relieved to find when I got home nothing had happened to any of my guitars or equipment.

It takes a while to get over that feeling of being screwed when some idiots like that have been in your place stealing stuff.

Your new baby looks pretty sweet!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 01:12 PM

Sorry to hear of your loss. I too have a 2001 Root Beer 570 and it is the best guitar I have ever played. I do love that new Road Flare you have... I've always wanted one of those. They are beautiful. How do you like the heel compared to the AANJ? Here's mine. It takes just the right light to make that RB sparkle and unfortunately I didn't get it in this pic:

Last edited by chrisf; 08-11-2012 at 01:18 PM.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-15-2012, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
Sorry to hear of your loss. I too have a 2001 Root Beer 570 and it is the best guitar I have ever played. I do love that new Road Flare you have... I've always wanted one of those. They are beautiful. How do you like the heel compared to the AANJ? Here's mine. It takes just the right light to make that RB sparkle and unfortunately I didn't get it in this pic:
It wast definitely always difficult to capture the essence of that finish. It was by far, and will always remain my favorite guitar.

The new one though is just as hard to capture. It's far more orange than it appears in most pictures, my pictures seem red on this monitor, but maybe yours are more calibrated
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Reviews: 2

To bad with the stolen gear. Happy NGD tho.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 AM

Wow that 550 brings back some memories. I remember it was xmas 1988 i was 13 year old & mum & dad had bought me a brand new 550 looked exactly like yours. I miss that guitar the late 80's early 90's ibanez best era in the companies history i think
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

So I figure'd I'd update this thread. Amazingly, I found my guitar!! it was sold on craigslist recently, in fact the ad is still up. Actually here's my ad asking for information from the locals, which links to the ad where my guitar is listed for sale.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/msg/3641641351.html

Pretty amazing, but the cops still refuse to help me. It's absolutely disgusting.

Tags
rg 570 760 550

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode