NGD: NOS X Series Iceman ICT700 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 10:50 AM Thread Starter

NGD: NOS X Series Iceman ICT700

Brought this one home this evening...been wanting an ICT700 for a while now since trying one out a few months back and being impressed with it. When this one showed up locally at a good price and still wearing hang tags it was a "no brainer"!!!

*** Would love to hear from others who have ICT700s and what their thoughts are after owning them for a while.

Specifications for ICT700
Years: 2008-2011
Made in: Indonesia
Finishes: BK (Black) / WH (White)

Neck joint: Neck-thru
Neck type: 2008-2010: Wizard II/2011: Wizard III
Neck material: 5-Piece Maple/Walnut
Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood
Inlays: Reversed Sharktooth
Frets: 24 Jumbo

Body: Mahogany
Neck joint: Neck-thru
Bridge: Gibraltar Custom
Hardware Color: Black
Pickups: DiMarzio D'Activator Neck & Bridge
Controls: Volume, Tone, 3 Way Selector

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 01-14-2016 at 10:56 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:13 AM

Re: NGD: NOS X Series Iceman ICT700

Amazing. I like the rare shark tooth inlays. Of all the Iceman guitars I have seen, there's never a shark tooth version that came to GC or local stores.

I have also never seen System of Down Iceman, either.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2016, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Thanks. I've laid hands on three of these ICT700s and they all seemed consistently well built and played awesomely so I was happy I ran across it when I did. Oddly, I was shopping for an inexpensive but quality Gibson Les Paul!

I'm in the Denver Metro and there are a handful of Guitar Centers and Drum City Guitarland as well as other smaller retailers but no one seems to carry Ibanez. Fortunately some cool guitars show up at my local Music Go Round from time to time. Add to the list of "Never Seen" the Sam Totman version.

Last edited by muttznmongrelz; 01-14-2016 at 11:52 AM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 03:58 AM

Reviews: 21

Great axe! I've been wanting an Iceman for some time. This is a great model and I dig the reverse headstock too. I like the new one as well, the ICT520. I hate how they put the input jack on the front though. This one and the ICT500 that followed are solid!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

Thx! It's a nice player with some cool features plus I love how it looks and the substantial feel of it. Still figuring out the D'Activators as they're different than what I'm use to (Duncan Custom Shop RTM, Evenly Voiced Harmonics, Custom Custom/JB A2 Hybrid).
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 02:35 PM Thread Starter

Picked up a set of EMG James Hetfields for it. Had a set in another mahogany bodied guitar and thought they were amazing.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-27-2016, 01:39 AM Thread Starter

D-Activators SOLD, EMG Hetfield Set was going in but when I tried them the bridge humbucker just didn't hit the strings. Love the EMG Het Set but def Gibson/Regular Spaced Pole-Pieces. I'll save 'em for a 24 3/4 Scale Future Acquisition. In go the Seymour Duncan Jazz/JB TB Dual Adjustable Pole-Piece Black Backs with a DiMarzio 500K Push:Pull Volume to Split and a Fender TBX Tone Control!!!

Sounds SOOOOO MUCH BETTER with the Duncan's. Also upgraded Volume to DiMarzio 500k Push:Pull to split the HBs and the tone to a Fender TBX.

Tags
d'activator , iceman , ict700 , x series

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode