NGD: Parker Maxxfly DF824 (bye bye other guitars!) - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

NGD: Parker Maxxfly DF824 (bye bye other guitars!)

This guitar is amazing! I'm totally blown away by it. I will be selling off some guitars and maybe cancelling some custom builds I have going so I can order a custom 7 string parker.

Playability wise, this thing SMOKES and is easily in the same league as Mayones, J-customs, high end PRS, ViK, Blackmachine, Daemoness, etc... In fact, i would wager that it plays a little bit better.

What really makes me a convert is all the cool engineering they put into the guitar. The guitar is ridiculously thin, and weighs only 5 pounds. Its the contours are off the wall too, very very comfortable.

Some people automatically assume than thin guitars = thin sounding but that is 110% bull****. This sounds ****ing awesome!

I cant wait to get an order in for the 7 string version!!!!

Pics:

Feel free to ask any questions about it. If you want me to A/B VS any other guitar I have had/have you can ask me to write about it and I will
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Re: NGD: Parker Maxxfly DF824 (bye bye other guitars!)

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:19 PM

I knew you'd like it. They make some cheaper ones too, but the higher end models are some of the best guitars I've ever played.
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:22 PM Thread Starter

Yeah this one retailed for around 4000 i think. I would definitely buy them at new pricing all day long, and thats what I'll have to do for the 7 string too
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:33 PM

They are 100 percent stable all year round too. No more worrying about things going out of whack on you from temp/humidity changes and stuff. How do you like the trem? I thought it was one of the finer points of the guitar...among other things.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:36 PM

I still think the rg/jem shape is the sexiest thing there is, but don't get me wrong here....from a functionality standpoint the parker is by far a much better investment than any Ibanez will ever be. That and they definitely aren't ugly guitars either. They have a very original appearance that is highly functional as well. Very comfortable couch potato guitar for those rainy days!

I like that color too. Classy.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 06:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by POS RG View Post
They are 100 percent stable all year round too. No more worrying about things going out of whack on you from temp/humidity changes and stuff. How do you like the trem? I thought it was one of the finer points of the guitar...among other things.
Yeah i love the stability!

The trem is great, i am a huge fan of non-locking trems. I think with todays technology you don't really need double locking tremelos. The sperzels are nice too of course

Quote:
I still think the rg/jem shape is the sexiest thing there is, but don't get me wrong here....from a functionality standpoint the parker is by far a much better investment than any Ibanez will ever be. That and they definitely aren't ugly guitars either. They have a very original appearance that is highly functional as well. Very comfortable couch potato guitar for those rainy days!

I like that color too. Classy.
Yup! Engineered crazily
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 07:34 PM

So are you putting a ring on this one and hanging up dating? LOL
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 07:40 PM Thread Starter

Well, I am more of a 7 string guy and have been thinking about nabbing a 7 string maxxfly for a while but they are pricey so i thought I'd take a shot at the Maxxfly 6 first (used) and see how I like it.

This one will probably be for sale once my ViK arrives, but if not, when my 7 string maxxfly gets here for sure.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 08:46 PM

Parkers are very nice and sound great, too. The carbon fiber over balsa wood blew me away (from one of their most expensive models) making a five pound instrument. I don't know if they still make this particular one but it has tone for days and I think the extra stiff neck helps in that department.

The heavier bodied, less expensive Parkers are great, too and benefit from all the engineering other than the super light form factor. I think they are still only about six and a half pounds and still are lighter than most other instruments.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 11-02-2013 at 09:11 PM.
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 10:02 AM

Nice one! About a year ago I got to play one, it felt and sounded awesome. Love the color too.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
Parkers are very nice and sound great, too. The carbon fiber over balsa wood blew me away (from one of their most expensive models) making a five pound instrument. I don't know if they still make this particular one but it has tone for days and I think the extra stiff neck helps in that department.

The heavier bodied, less expensive Parkers are great, too and benefit from all the engineering other than the super light form factor. I think they are still only about six and a half pounds and still are lighter than most other instruments.
Yes, they make my 90 rg feel like a whale. They are all very light.
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Took some more pics to show off the contours..this thing is amazing.

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Yes, they make my 90 rg feel like a whale. They are all very light.
Even with heavier woods like mahogany or maple the super thin contours makes them light regardless of wood. I don't know of any old school electric as light as any Parker.

I did feel a nice Kelton Swade Keith Urban tele model that was around six and a half pounds and it was the lightest of a normal build electric guitar I had ever seen. Even so, it still didn't have those special ergonomic contours so even a Parker at six and a half pounds (Nitefly) would feel considerably lighter than a tele at six and a half pounds. There are some hollowbodies that are light but no solidbodies with a pure sound of just the pickup as any good solidbody pushes for. You get more treble, mid, and bass with any pickup in a solid body of wood, and reduced feedback and the Parker pulls that off without the solid body being too heavy. I wish more makers would make their own take on the Parker concept.

I don't know if there are any other guitars on the market less than six pounds other than the Parkers.

Last edited by 63Blazer; 11-03-2013 at 08:50 PM.
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 11-03-2013, 09:02 PM

No I don't think there are either.

Stealth...that thing is sexy. DAMN!!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode