NGD Pawn Shop Custom Score! - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

NGD Pawn Shop Custom Score!

Well I walked into one of my locals today, who typically never has an instrument I would even look at. This particular store is known for their guns. So as I am looking around at the fun bang bang sticks I see this guitar out of the corner of my eye. Walk over and Im stunned by the awsome quilt top, I see no name on the headstock so I immediately think photoflame cheapo. As I get closer I see its much more quality than that. Matching headstock, real EMG set, German made OFR, gotoh tuners, incredible finish, not a scratch on it, no corrosion.

As this shop is typically a little high on their gun prices, I fully expected to get my socks knocked off when I looked at the tag. To my surprise it was marked 225 w/hard shell case. I really couldn't believe it. I of course asked to get a better deal, thinking no way, but I walked out with it for 190 tax included!

It have been playing on it and it is really sweet, thicker neck than Im used to with the Ibbys, but nice standard c shape strat neck. I think its an ebony board with abalone inlays. I took off the control cavity cover and the only little knick on the entire guitar is there. It appears it may be a mahogany body with quilt maple cap. The cavity cover has a warmoth sticker, so until I get the neck off I am assuming its a complete warmoth custom. Everything is pointing to warmoth specs, with most of the upgrades and a warmoth finish.

Without further a'due

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:26 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: NGD Pawn Shop Custom Score!

As I was reading through the first paragraph of your post I was thinking it's gotta be a Warmoth...I have a custom Warmoth Strat (my avatar pic) and they produce high quality bodies and necks.....that is an absolutely incredible steal of a deal at $190!!! the pawn shop clearly had no clue as to what they had in that guitar...congratulations on a great score!
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:46 PM

Reviews: 4

Really nice man!!!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys!

I just priced it out through the warmoth custom site with all the adds it has, it appears if I were to order the same guitar it would come in around 1500 without the pickups. I guess Im lucky the guy knows his guns but not his guitars
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 PM

awesome axe..great price...u took that baby ..enjoy it
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 07:20 PM

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastmerc View Post
Thanks guys!

I just priced it out through the warmoth custom site with all the adds it has, it appears if I were to order the same guitar it would come in around 1500 without the pickups. I guess Im lucky the guy knows his guns but not his guitars
no doubt! I surf the Warmoth site regularly because they make some really nice stuff...that is such an awesome score you got Fastmerc!

Last edited by doriangrey; 07-18-2012 at 07:26 PM.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 03:06 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys!! I think this one will stay long term, I really like the turquoise stain.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 05:04 PM

Reviews: 13

Wow this is awesome and youve got some money sitting there if you got it for 190! whooaa!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 06:13 PM

Reviews: 19

Wow congrats!!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:31 PM

Jesus..what a steal!
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Banned

Reviews: 98

I was pretty sure it was a War moth, too.
Look to see what's stamped on the neck heel and pocket.

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-22-2012, 06:06 AM

That is a beaut. I'd be tempted to put some pickups in with chrome covers, myself.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode