NGD - Prestige RG 3250MZFOR - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

NGD - Prestige RG 3250MZFOR

Hey Jemsiters!

Just got my new RG3250MZ in fluorescent orange from FedEx. She's pretty damn bright lol! This is my first ZP trem and I'm about to try my hand at setting her up. I've gotten pretty good with the OFR, Edge & Edge Lo-Pro setups so I'm sure this won't be that difficult.

http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/kf...?sort=3&page=1

This one comes with a DiMarzio Air Norton/True Velvet/Tone Zone set

This looks like its going to be a good month for me NGD-wise. As luck would have it, this one came in, I should finish paying off our buddy Rich who is holding a PGM 20th for me, and one of my custom LiveWire JEMs is fully assembled and being set up - should ship within a week or two! Hooray for way more guitars than I have any right to based on my ability!

Cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 11:34 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: NGD - Prestige RG 3250MZFOR

Congratulations man, and Merry Christmas to you!!!!....... a triple NGD right after Christmas?? You musta been a good boy....LOL

Love the FOR, I've never understood why there's never been a fluorescent JEM just like that. Big mistake on Hoshino's part IMO.

Can't wait to see your other NGD's!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Congratulations man, and Merry Christmas to you!!!!....... a triple NGD right after Christmas?? You musta been a good boy....LOL

Love the FOR, I've never understood why there's never been a fluorescent JEM just like that. Big mistake on Hoshino's part IMO.

Can't wait to see your other NGD's!!!
Also, Hoshino discontinuing it here in Japan is ANOTHER big mistake. It's such a gorgeous guitar.

Happy NGD, kfssdude!
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! I think by the end of this month I will be due for a new family shot...

I got the new FOR setup today no problem at all. Minor truss adjustment and trem adjustment. Moved right into place as easy as you please! Kinda cool that it came with the stud-locks I always have to buy extra from Rich for my OE & Lo-Pro equipped guitars. Also I'm diggin the multi-tool it came with too - nice touch! I haven't done the intonation yet (going to wait until tomorrow after the neck has had some time to really settle into place) so we'll see how well that little screw tool doodad it came with works lol.

Jam session tomorrow so she'll get her first workout!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfssdude View Post
Thanks guys! I think by the end of this month I will be due for a new family shot...

I got the new FOR setup today no problem at all. Minor truss adjustment and trem adjustment. Moved right into place as easy as you please! Kinda cool that it came with the stud-locks I always have to buy extra from Rich for my OE & Lo-Pro equipped guitars. Also I'm diggin the multi-tool it came with too - nice touch! I haven't done the intonation yet (going to wait until tomorrow after the neck has had some time to really settle into place) so we'll see how well that little screw tool doodad it came with works lol.

Jam session tomorrow so she'll get her first workout!
It's really easy to use dude. Even someone scared of intonation like me can do it without problems Actually, Ibanez's official Youtube channel has their tech dude explaining how to use it in the Edge Zero video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZ2OBtqeM0

Real easy to use
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatiasTolkki View Post
It's really easy to use dude. Even someone scared of intonation like me can do it without problems Actually, Ibanez's official Youtube channel has their tech dude explaining how to use it in the Edge Zero video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dZ2OBtqeM0

Real easy to use
Cool man! I do intonation adjustments on all of my guitars so I it's not a big deal at all - just a new trem with a new tool I've never used before. I'm sure it will be easy enough.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 02:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfssdude View Post
Cool man! I do intonation adjustments on all of my guitars so I it's not a big deal at all - just a new trem with a new tool I've never used before. I'm sure it will be easy enough.
I still need to do intonation on my 2 prestiges The shop where I bought them at will do it for free so maybe I'll take one in and do one myself. Too lazy to do them all
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 02:36 AM
Vendor

Busy Busy. I wish you had let me know, I have an FOR Silver that needs to leave the premises!

Love the youtube spot, I just made a page up for those trems and used that link, I've been avoiding writing those pages for years now

That's Matt, my CS rep, I didn't realize he knew that much about guitars! That guy makes my life so much easier every single weekday. Weekends I have to wait on my rep
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Busy Busy. I wish you had let me know, I have an FOR Silver that needs to leave the premises!

Love the youtube spot, I just made a page up for those trems and used that link, I've been avoiding writing those pages for years now

That's Matt, my CS rep, I didn't realize he knew that much about guitars! That guy makes my life so much easier every single weekday. Weekends I have to wait on my rep
Sorry Rich. I had ordered it through my local mom&pop shop. They're really good people & I try to throw them as much biz as I can. Gotta spread the love man!

Anyway setup was a breeze! It's clear they really put some thought into those ZR trems. Little details like the easy to use intonation tool and saddle lock screws being slightly offset rather than directly beneath the strings are really cool. I haven't played it really at all yet so I can't speak to the feel of the ZR trem yet but from a setup/tech point of view it seems pretty slick.

The Prestige neck adjusted uniformly and predictably so getting the action right was a breeze as well... So far I'm very impressed with the build quality right out of the box!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:31 PM
Vendor

Edge Zero. But the problem with those guitars is the complete lack of fret end and board edge finishing. Which you won't find so easy to take care of
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-04-2014, 01:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
Edge Zero. But the problem with those guitars is the complete lack of fret end and board edge finishing. Which you won't find so easy to take care of
Edge Zero yes I stand corrected... As I said I'm new to these trems!

The fret ends are not great but not horrible either. Luckily I do have a great local luthier who does that kind of work for me... That really is something I need to learn to do myself though as it truly makes the difference between a good guitar and a GREAT guitar.

At least I know my PGM will be perfect!!! Can't wait for that bad boy my friend!

Tags
dimarzio , prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode