NGD: PRS Custom 24 in Faded Blue Burst - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 05:13 AM Thread Starter

Smile NGD: PRS Custom 24 in Faded Blue Burst

Hey all,

I've had a SE Custom 24 and SE Tremonti for a while. Very good quality Korean guitars. However, the time had come to trade them in for a US model.

I tried a selection at my local dealer. First of all, I wanted to see if I wanted a Custom 24, or perhaps a 513 or DGT? I tried the 513 - sounded too muddy. The DGT? Very nice but I guess I just prefer a single volume control, and wanted to retain the 24 fret format.

It then come down to which neck: Pattern regular or pattern thin? The SE is the equivalent of pattern thin. I did try both but the pattern thin won out -- it just seemed the best fit for me, given my super-strat background, and even my American Standard strat has the 'Modern C' neck shape.

Finally, colour! The Eriza Verde is visually stunning, especially combined with the natural wood backing.. However, it was just TOO green for me. Other options? Smoked Cherry Sunburst (gorgeous, but my strat has that colour) and Teal Black (a bit _too_ understated).

So I went with Faded Blue Burst (10 Top), and here she is!

PRS Custom 24 - Front shot by mewcenary, on Flickr

PRS Custom 24 - Body by mewcenary, on Flickr

PRS Custom 24 - Headstock by mewcenary, on Flickr

I've finished setting her up to my tastes and she is playing and sounding great! Compared to my SE, the most notable improvements (apart from general fit and finish, and the look) is the feel of the neck and the tuners. All very nice and looking forward to further playtime!

This is the 2011 model, so I got a good deal -- I wasn't really too fussed about 'missing out' on non-square pickup bobbins! It's loaded with the 59/09s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 05:37 AM

Reviews: 13
Re: NGD: PRS Custom 24 in Faded Blue Burst

Very nice, love the colour, congratulations.

-Wolfram
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 06:15 AM

Nice, saw this on tgp too!
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM

Love that color
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 10:59 AM Thread Starter

It has made me realise just how much Ibanez have lost their way with their colour schemes on their guitars recently. Their version of flame and quilted tops are abysmal in comparison to other brands, along with their really uninspiring 2013 model colours.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM

Reviews: 13

I love flame tops too, but they are not to everyones taste, so I can understand Ibanez trying to obtain a balance with colours. And you will never keep everybody happy. And for the price on the Premium flame tops the finish isn't too bad.

-Wolfram

Tags
custom 24 , prs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode