NGD: RG-570 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
NGD: RG-570

Well, it arrived yesterday--the RG-570 that is the donor base guitar for the purple floral that I will begin shortly. The hardware is soon to be on it's was to Ryc in Gotham City in trade for his violet chrome hardware. It's in excellent shape, with only one small chip in the back bottom edge--going to be refinished anyway. Got this beast for $374.99 with original case (also in near-perfect shape).








AlaskaBat is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 08:53 PM
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: edison nj 08817
Posts: 612
Re: NGD: RG-570

bat ur the man im thinking purple paint job..lol correct..u rock bro..i just picked up a 91 570 jb waiting for its arrival.....i see u got the v7 v8 mine has the v1 v2..im thinkin purple also ..lol
pink13 is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 09:10 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: NGD: RG-570

I think we need to give them a pictorial layout of what hardware is going where!!!l.........lol

I'll start:
The hardware on this guitar:




is going on this guitar:




the hardware on this guitar:



is going on this guitar:



Which is actually this guitar:



Do I have it right yet???.....LMAO
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 09:47 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: São Paulo - BRAZIL
Posts: 4,066
Re: NGD: RG-570

awesome.
if you're getting rid of the useless pickup rings, you should expect some tricky pickup routes.
the clear pickguard on the new PFP can cover it but, if possible, try to make a body touch up on the pickup routes.
will look classy IMO.
Keep it up!
WillTubarao is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: NGD: RG-570

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnosferatu2 View Post
bat ur the man im thinking purple paint job..lol correct..u rock bro..i just picked up a 91 570 jb waiting for its arrival.....i see u got the v7 v8 mine has the v1 v2..im thinkin purple also ..lol
Yes--purple! This is the starting point for the Jem PFP I began planning here:
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/f15/je...ad-111373.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubarão Guitars View Post
awesome.
if you're getting rid of the useless pickup rings, you should expect some tricky pickup routes.
the clear pickguard on the new PFP can cover it but, if possible, try to make a body touch up on the pickup routes.
will look classy IMO.
Keep it up!
Since it's a complete refinish, I plan on filing the mounting ring holes and do some minor routing to make it all work. I think it's going to turn out great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I think we need to give them a pictorial layout of what hardware is going where!!!l.........lol

I'll start:
The hardware on this guitar:




is going on this guitar:




the hardware on this guitar:



is going on this guitar:



Which is actually this guitar:



Do I have it right yet???.....LMAO
Yep--you nailed it!



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 11:35 PM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: NGD: RG-570

I think Tubarao is worried about the massive dog ear routes for the pickup mounts...... you'll have to do a little filling in so they look (and perform) like direct mount.
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2011, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: NGD: RG-570

Yep--I'll fill and route when I do the lion's claw.



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 12:07 AM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: NGD: RG-570

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Yep--I'll fill and route when I do the lion's claw.

Sweet....... this guitar is going to be one of the all time best!!!
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 12:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: NGD: RG-570

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
Sweet....... this guitar is going to be one of the all time best!!!
...or I could throw everyone off and do design #3--the one that een you haven't seen yet...
It will still require the violet chrome hardware



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 12:39 AM
 
RGTFanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: New Lenox, IL-USA
Posts: 10,116
Reviews: 2
Re: NGD: RG-570

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
...or I could throw everyone off and do design #3--the one that een you haven't seen yet...
It will still require the violet chrome hardware
LMAO!!!! Were gonna need to stock you up with about a dozen bodies and necks..........

I started packing up all the VC today.... I'll probably send it out monday, but you gotta PM me your addy.
RGTFanatic is offline  
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 12:42 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: São Paulo - BRAZIL
Posts: 4,066
Re: NGD: RG-570

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
I think Tubarao is worried about the massive dog ear routes for the pickup mounts...... you'll have to do a little filling in so they look (and perform) like direct mount.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaBat View Post
Yep--I'll fill and route when I do the lion's claw.
^^
WillTubarao is offline  
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: NGD: RG-570

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
LMAO!!!! Were gonna need to stock you up with about a dozen bodies and necks..........

I started packing up all the VC today.... I'll probably send it out monday, but you gotta PM me your addy.
Doing it right now...gonna need yours, too.



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 02:48 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9,203
Reviews: 120
Re: NGD: RG-570

This should be great to follow.

When you're done, can you get me a sweet guitar too?

Wish I wasn't always so broke.
LonePhantom is offline  
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 03:29 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291
Reviews: 98
Re: NGD: RG-570

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
This should be great to follow.

When you're done, can you get me a sweet guitar too?

Wish I wasn't always so broke.
Sure! I'll be going to New Jersey soon. You know, where Willy Wonka opened a new factory and free Jems hanging on the vines (or hiding in bushes) ripe for the picking...



AlaskaBat is offline  
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-01-2011, 04:07 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 9,203
Reviews: 120
Re: NGD: RG-570

LonePhantom is offline  
Reply

Tags
rg570

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome