NGD! RG1421F with a few tweaks by Rich - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-28-2010, 11:29 PM Thread Starter

NGD! RG1421F with a few tweaks by Rich

I'm pleased to say that my RG1421F arrived today and couldn't be happier. I ordered it from Rich and had new pickups installed (Air Norton / Tone Zone) in addition to his usual magic.

First Impressions:
The neck is amazing! It has a better "feel" than the older Ibanez's I've owned (although my favorite neck is still my RG-PR1) and thanks to Rich the fit and finish is fantastic. The Tight-End bridge is really nice, definitely no complaints there. Overall it's a blast to play which is great since I bought it to be my everyday/practice guitar so I don't have to restring tremolo guitars as often.

Here are some pics! (the last pic is a RG570CTTB I picked up last week as well)

RG1421F in New UV1000C Case (although I must admit, the gig bag it came with is quite nice!)

RG1421F in it's new home

Headstock

New family portrait (Left to Right: RG570CTTB, RG-PR1, RG1421F)

Pretty round fretwork (pic doesn't do the work justice)

1995 RG570CTTB that I picked up last week locally (belated NGD pic)

I'd like to thank Rich again for taking this guitar to the next level for me. Also, curse you for ruining local guitar shops for me! I can't pickup any stock guitar anymore without being sorely disappointed at the finish and setup :P

Allen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 12:42 AM

Re: NGD! RG1421F with a few tweaks by Rich

Is it just a trick of the photo, or is the neck on the RG-PR1 super skinny compared to the other 2?
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:14 AM

beautiful guitar man!!
post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 06:35 AM

Congrats! Looks great, the blue is especially sweet. These are EXCELLENT guitars - I also picked up an 1420F last week, it's every bit as good if not better than any Ibanez I've ever owned/played, Japan is still making VERY fine instruments. (=
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by falkendrift View Post
Is it just a trick of the photo, or is the neck on the RG-PR1 super skinny compared to the other 2?
LOL, I had to double check because you're right it does look a lot skinnier in the pic! I just measured at the nut and 24th fret using a piece of paper and they're the same width (at least within a mm or so). I'm guessing it's the ivory binding against the white wall that's making it look so skinny. It is however noticeably thicker than the other two.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:06 AM

Nice!

So Rich decided to bring those in (or at least one) after all.

I'm jealous! If there's any guitar that I'm really gassing about currently, its that one.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:13 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inzane View Post
Nice!

So Rich decided to bring those in (or at least one) after all.

I'm jealous! If there's any guitar that I'm really gassing about currently, its that one.
I special ordered it through Rich but I think he's since decided to stock them as well. He's an authorized dealer so he should be able to order anything even if it's not something he normally stocks.

I was really on the fence about it versus saving up a little more and getting something "nicer" but I'm really glad I went with the RG1421F. I definitely needed a hardtail everyday guitar and the quality (after Rich was done) is absolutely top-notch! I wasn't sure about it coming with just a gig-bag so I also ordered a UV1000C but now that I see the gig-bag (which has a detachable backpack) it was probably unnecessary. If you want something "NEW", the RG14xx is probably the best bang for your buck right now.

Allen
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:19 AM

Well congratulations. That was a nice purchase.

I was gassing for a new guitar, and specifically a fixed bridge earlier this year. What I ended up getting was an RGT42FXQM (in mystic sea green burst) a few months back. Despite it being a relatively inexpensive guitar I think I used my one get-out-of-jail free card with the wife on that purchase. I don't know if I'd get away with buying two guitars this year. (Damn...)

I like the RGT42, but I'm sure its not near as nice as an RG1421F would be.

Enjoy!
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 11:26 AM Thread Starter

Nice! I've been tempted by an RGT more than once. I hear ya on the wife issue... I had to buy her a DSLR in order to get the RG1421 and STILL got dirty looks . The only reason I was able to swing the RG570 as well was because I got it in an even trade for my HM Strat.

Allen
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 12:48 PM
Vendor

I was on the fence about handling them because I didn't have pics and I don't really like using factory pics. I went to SNAMM so I took pics, and ordered a bunch. Pages have been up for a while now.

I really like those Tight End bridges. They're so much nicer than those Gotoh's it's not even funny. Simple to work on, no protruding threads, well designed to positive lockdown after action or intonation adjustments, very comfortable, and IMO look really good too. And the 20's are about all you can get the Edge Pro on still. No Brainer there

Nice guitars for the money! Enjoy it!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I went to SNAMM so I took pics, and ordered a bunch. Pages have been up for a while now.
This is potentially dangerous to even ask but do you have a link? I've looked on your site and for some reason can't find your summer NAMM photos or any listings for the 142x models.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
This is potentially dangerous to even ask but do you have a link? I've looked on your site and for some reason can't find your summer NAMM photos or any listings for the 142x models.
They're under "Limited" and not "RG" on his site http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/index.htm#LIMITED

the 1421 is here: http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg1421f.htm
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afmedic01 View Post
They're under "Limited" and not "RG" on his site http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/index.htm#LIMITED

the 1421 is here: http://www.ibanezrules.com/new/rg1421f.htm
Thanks.

I feel silly for missing that. I think the fact that the S Series is slotted between them and the rest of the RGs contributed to my not catching that.

Hmmm.... Hmmm.... wheels turning.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Talking Re: NGD! RG1421F with a few tweaks by Rich

Quote:
Thanks.

I feel silly for missing that. I think the fact that the S Series is slotted between them and the rest of the RGs contributed to my not catching that.

Hmmm.... Hmmm.... wheels turning.
You know you want one... *evilgrin*
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 07-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Vendor

Ooops, thanks for pointing that out. I'll rearange them when I get in there again [and add them to the RG's also for better coverage!]

Tags
ngd , rg1421 , rg1421f

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Similar Searches

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode