NGD RG1560M - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Reviews: 2
NGD RG1560M

As most of you should have read by now, I sold my RGR1570 to LonePhantom. It really is a GREAT guitar, but that "suede black" finish always drove me nuts........I couldn't get over it........LOL.

Anyway, Jclogston put this 1560 up for sale at the same time I was selling the RGR to LP. The 1560 is just a lot more my style so this worked out very well for all of us.

I played it with the pups Jeff had in it for a few days just to get to know them. They're a great combo that I will use in another guitar. For this one I wanted something a little more sedate than all of my other high output guitars. I loaded it with an AT-1 bridge and a pair of Air Norton-S'. So far I'm pretty happy with the pups, but I still have to switch over to my normal electronics setup before passing final judgement. The thing I did screw up on (I think) was buying creme pups. I think they blend too much with maple board........ oh well. live and learn, right?

There's not a single nick or ding on this guitar anywhere. Other than some seriously light swirl marks...... this guitar is absolutely clean. It is a second so it has a "Used" stamp on the back of the head. For whatever reason they also drilled out the last 4 digits of the serial #.....weird. I still have no idea why it's a second. I really can't find anything that would cause it. I'll pull the neck this weekend and work on tweaking and setting it up.......maybe I'll find something then.

A couple of quick picks..... I'll get more over the weekend if I can.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:00 PM

Re: NGD RG1560M

Cool man! I kind of like the creme pups. I think that color actually kind of works with this guitar. What might be missing is the matching knobs and switch tip. I think that could really pull it together.

It's actually kind of weird for me seeing one of these with the original maple neck! I've gotten so used to the rosewood neck on mine.

By the way, I would gladly take one of those Air Norton S's off of you if you wanted to try something different in one of the positions. I was really thinking about using one in the middle position on my 1560.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 PM

Reviews: 120

Those pickups look great against the guitar. Fantastic guitar, I'm sure it'll be an awesome player.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-18-2014, 11:32 PM

Reviews: 4

Looks great.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
Cool man! I kind of like the creme pups. I think that color actually kind of works with this guitar. What might be missing is the matching knobs and switch tip. I think that could really pull it together.

It's actually kind of weird for me seeing one of these with the original maple neck! I've gotten so used to the rosewood neck on mine.

By the way, I would gladly take one of those Air Norton S's off of you if you wanted to try something different in one of the positions. I was really thinking about using one in the middle position on my 1560.
Thanks Jesse. It's good that we don't have identical guitars...LOL. I'd considered getting knobs and a tip, but thought I'd see how I like the pups first. I was thinking that if I didn't like the cream I could always switch to blue.

What do you have to trade?
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
What do you have to trade?
Mostly a bunch of stuff that I got from you

The standard spaced Gravity Storm, the Virtual Solo and that F2/C2/C2 set. I've been meaning to get around to selling all of those.

But I do have a new Gravity Storm sitting around that I think I'm going to put in my J Custom. That would mean I'd have a black F-spaced FRED that's currently in there. I could also probably be persuaded to part with a blue/black F-spaced FRED I have. Other than that, I have an FS-1 available with a blue cover that's good for a center position if you're looking for a standard Strat-type sound there.
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 11:47 AM

Happy NGD! That's a real looker and I agree that the cream knobs and switch tip would make it look REALLY nice.

Cruiser bridge pup is REALLY nice in the neck btw
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 01:10 PM

Reviews: 10

oh yeah, that is a looker =) very nice guitar - congrats!!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 08:22 PM

Reviews: 13

That pickup color harmonizes very well with the maple fretboard.
I've never seen pickups of that color, are them stock?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 08:45 PM

THat is the right way to do creme pickups! Nicely done!
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-19-2014, 10:53 PM

*drool*

Love the creme pups with the maple fretboard!!!! Happy NGD!
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 01:35 AM Thread Starter

Wow, OK I wasn't really expecting such a good reaction to the creme pups. New knobs and tip ordered...LOL.

@Rachman- No, they're DiMarzio's that I ordered right after I bought the guitar. They're a little deeper of a beige color than I remember DiMarzio creme being. I have a zebra super distortion that came out of an '82 Dean Z. That creme is a good bit lighter than these new ones........
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 08:52 AM

You might have to get yourself a set of spline shaft pots as well.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 08:57 AM

Reviews: 21

GORGEOUS! Why isn't this a production model?!?

And I dig the creme pickups! Enjoy!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 09-20-2014, 06:41 PM Thread Starter

Didn't get any work done today, but I did get a few outside pics.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode