NGD: RG1XXV- Yellloooowwwwww - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 09:51 AM Thread Starter

NGD: RG1XXV- Yellloooowwwwww

Hi there,

Been looking to get one of these. Initially, it looked like it would have to be an Internet order, but found somewhere local with some in stock.

I knew I was going to buy her after a bit of a play. Despite the guitar not being the best set up in the store (no relief in the neck), it played EXCELLENTLY and I found it hard to put down!! Sound great - particularly cutting in the bridge. Love love love.

The neck isn't as good as my JEM7V (duh!) but still plays really nicely, and I think the inlays are killer.

I also like how the colour changes - sometimes it is BRIGHT yellow, or it is a bit more green, or a mixture of the two! Sweet.

I compared it alongside an RG870. The RG870 did not grab me at all. Something about the neck on the one I tried seemed a little 'off'. Plus the quilted top was, like my thread on this topic, just not inspiring at all. I think I played it for about 2 minutes before going back to the RG1XXV which I think says it all.

Came with the hard gig bag/case and tool.

These are going for a good price in the UK at the moment, particularly considering their 25th anniversary status, even if a year old now, so I'm glad I was able to snap one up.

I did want to look at the pink, ideally, but they couldn't find the one their stock control said they had! However, I'm really happy with the yellow and I am all set to get 10s on there, do my usual setup, and start hunting for different coloured components!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 11:24 AM

Re: NGD: RG1XXV- Yellloooowwwwww

Enjoy it. I got one last year and it's the biggest head turner of my bunch.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 12:05 PM

-_-_-_-

Last edited by GDTetc; 05-12-2016 at 02:31 PM.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 12:53 PM

Very cool man... I dig the inlays, I've loved the sharktooth inlays ever since I was a kid...

Congrats!
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 01:05 PM

congrats nice axe..enjoy it
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 01:21 PM

Reviews: 10

nice guitar!!! I am a sucker for those shark tooth inlays too.. congratulations!!!
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 01:38 PM Thread Starter

I've done my standard setup with 10s. I must admit, I am a fan of the ZR trem as adjusting it to suit was easy! Plus I prefer screw-in trems in general. One downside to me of the JEM7v trem is having to replace the bushes all the time in order to keep the arm in place... grr.

In terms of playability it is EXCELLENT and on a par with my Jem, in all honesty. Just a smidgeon of neck relief on there now with a 2/32" (high E) rising to 5/64" (low E) action. Feels great. In fact, slightly 'tighter' than the Jem as there is a slight difference in neck relief, although I'm sure the very shiny new strings on the RG1XXV are having an impact!

It's a compromise there as it means there is slightly more string buzz on the low E on the RG1XXV ... only ever-so-slightly detectable on a very clean amp setting though. I generally set my Jem up to be able to cross the boundaries.

Not tried it through the Crush, but sounding gorgeous through the DT25. The Crush is pretty rubbish though, and I will be eBaying it soon!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 01:45 PM

Shades required. Very cool guitar. Great finish!!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 07:32 PM

Reviews: 2

Congrats.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 08:42 PM

Reviews: 1

grats very nice
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-03-2013, 10:07 PM

Got the same guitar/color last year. It is a beast and fits very nicely with my Jem7vwh and 1990 RG.

I love the neck and stock pickups on that thing too!

Congrats!
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 07:49 AM Thread Starter

Thanks all!

BuffDaddySmurf: I know where you are coming from. The pickups seem really comparable to those on my JEM7V-WH, and I'd have no hesitation in gigging with this thing - unless the Fashion Police were coming!

I'm still tinkering with the setup. I put 10s on but am thinking of going back to 9s (and do the same on my JEM) as I REALLY enjoyed the feel of 9s on her when trying her out in the store. Just felt totally awesome. _Less_ awesome with the 10s. I like 10s on my nice sensible Strat though...
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:38 PM

Nice guitar Bro!
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM

Man I am GASing bad for one of those! One of the best yellow Ibanez's!

Loved the music and your playing, sounds great!
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 02-04-2013, 09:15 PM

I would eat that. looks like candy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode