NGD: RG3250 Desert Yellow - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

NGD: RG3250 Desert Yellow

Desert Yellow is a tough color to capture on camera. But here are my additions. This is the RG3250 in desert yellow with the dot inlays.

Pics first....

Bought this gutiar from a fantastic Jemsite member, UnklPunk. Initially I bought a different guitar from him a few months ago and in the process he sent me a family pic of all his Ibanezs. He had this RG3250 in the centre and I just kept thinking "I want that!". And finally it's in my hands.

I was also considering getting the RG770dx reissue and a member here sent me shots of his absolutely mint RG770dx LB. Beautiful guitar. It was almost down to a coin-toss for me. But, I just couldn't resist the AANJ desert yellow RG. And I genuinly appreciate how the AANJ feels.

So the seller sent me enough pics to me to know that this would be a great purchase. Sent me pics of the guitar from every angle. Packed it with the original shipping box he recieved from Ibanezrules.com and the Prestige case. He's [unklpunk] an amazing guy to deal with.

Plays like any other top-notch MIJ RG. Got the action low to about 1.9mm and 1.6mm. Really like the TZ/TV/AN combo. It's not muddy, but it has a lot of bass. I am not sure if I'll install pink pups on these, but for now it's fine the way it is.

Sorry for the phone pics. It's awesome to see good shots of guitars that some of you post. I hoped to give back the same way but I don't have a decent camera as yet!

Some more shots here :

https://www.flickr.com/photos/136105...57661230401242

Last edited by Jeesan; 11-27-2015 at 01:10 AM. Reason: added link to more pictures for DY reference
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 07:34 PM

Reviews: 10
Re: NGD: RG3250 Desert Yellow

very nice indeed - congrats!!!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-20-2015, 10:43 PM

Good to hear it found a good home.
post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 01:57 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
very nice indeed - congrats!!!
Thanks Doriangrey. I am one of those who prefer the ZPS system at the back to adjust spring tension. It seems to add some tension which makes bending easier for me. No other complaints with the OE or EP though.

And I must admit, Doriangrey, I wouldn't be surprised if baked maple becomes the next in thing. Baked flamed maple looks crazy on those Suhrs. I understand the process is expensive though... Would love to own one someday. hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by unklpunk View Post
Good to hear it found a good home.
I hope it did. As you are aware there's so much to learn about guitar maintenance and playing in general. I think I stumbled upon a beautiful journey that's almost like a religious devotion we come back to.

Someone asked me recently, "so what do you do with the guitar? How is it going?". I said, "well, I try to get an hours worth of practice each day." To which he asked, "an hour a day?!". And my instant reply was, "well, I don't exactly pray 5 times a day."

Sadly it's hard for me to identify with any other spiritual creed besides music practice. It's not a career, but it's very enlightening.

Been visiting this site for about a decade and a half! Can't believe it!
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 03:41 AM

Reviews: 6

enjoy your playing as much as you can, it's true a new guitar is always a great push in motivation!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 11:50 AM

Reviews: 21

Very nice axe! Enjoy!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
Very nice axe! Enjoy!
Thanks a lot! I never really wanted a yellow guitar before (or anything yellow for that matter), but this year I completely gas'd out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch_jr View Post
enjoy your playing as much as you can, it's true a new guitar is always a great push in motivation!
It definitely is. Been wanting to ask. How do you like the Evo 2? Never played that or the Evo. Love the low end chunk of the TZ, how does the Evo 2 compare?
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 06:21 PM

Reviews: 2

MAN, what a nice DY!! One of the better examples I've seen.

Seriously, just that nicely flamed, buttered maple fretboard is enough to inspire a GAS attack....LOL.

I have a couple DY RG's and neither of them look that good. You know what I'd change on it??

NOTHING!!!!

Ryc
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 07:24 PM Thread Starter

RGTFanatic Ryc, it's really good to hear from you. Been reading your posts for a while now! I am flattered by what you said. My guitar? Inspire GAS?? lol! You have no idea how much I've craved RGs all these years through Jemsite! Thanks for your opinion. I guess I scored a good one thanks to UnklPunk. The fretboard does have a light flame to it, and it makes it somewhat unique.

You have/had some nice guitars in your collection. That RG550 partbanez story turned out great! Looks amazing. Congrats on getting it back. And the Heather Pearl RG that you sold. That gives me a bad gas attack!
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 11:22 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesan View Post
RGTFanatic Ryc, it's really good to hear from you. Been reading your posts for a while now! I am flattered by what you said. My guitar? Inspire GAS?? lol! You have no idea how much I've craved RGs all these years through Jemsite! Thanks for your opinion. I guess I scored a good one thanks to UnklPunk. The fretboard does have a light flame to it, and it makes it somewhat unique.

You have/had some nice guitars in your collection. That RG550 partbanez story turned out great! Looks amazing. Congrats on getting it back. And the Heather Pearl RG that you sold. That gives me a bad gas attack!
LOL..... thanks for the compliment

FWIW, the Heather Pearl is now for sale in the classifieds again. Daylightdies is parting with it (for less than he paid for it). It's by long and far the best "golden era" RG7xx I ever had the pleasure to own. I miss it a lot!!! If I had the cash to buy it back, It would be back home again now.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-21-2015, 11:28 PM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeesan View Post
It definitely is. Been wanting to ask. How do you like the Evo 2? Never played that or the Evo. Love the low end chunk of the TZ, how does the Evo 2 compare?

I've got the EVO2 for 10 years in my RG, well, that says it all, I love it! I can do everything with that beast!

I used to test a TZ, way too boomy in the bass department at least, I didn't like it
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 08:47 PM

Congrats! I have a white one, I really enjoy the RG models that have great colors and matching headstocks.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-22-2015, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGTFanatic View Post
...the Heather Pearl is now for sale in the classifieds again. Daylightdies is parting with it (for less than he paid for it). It's by long and far the best "golden era" RG7xx I ever had the pleasure to own. I miss it a lot!!! If I had the cash to buy it back, It would be back home again now.
Yes I noticed that ad!! I jus bought 2 guitar the last couple months and have zero cash to buy another one no matter how much I want that. My next is definitely going to be a 7xx series. If I find that cash to buy the heather pearl and if Daylight still has, i'll snatch it. Love those sharp inlays! looks sharper than blades.

Quote:
Originally Posted by satch_jr View Post
I've got the EVO2 for 10 years in my RG, well, that says it all, I love it! I can do everything with that beast!
Thanks for the opinion. I think I should consider this once I decide to get pinkish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiekMire View Post
Congrats! I have a white one, I really enjoy the RG models that have great colors and matching headstocks.
Ouch, that;s another guitar that gives me gas. but... I bought an RG3550 (hybrid with 2550 white body) from UnklPunk few months ago! I love the look of the white RG with the black 3-ply pickguard. I'm about to order a black pickguard for the the white guitar and try make it look like yours!

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:53 AM

You should, mine is way classier than I'll ever be!

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 08:30 AM
Banned

^^^^ nice !! if only the pickguard was also white, that would be totally YJM colors! Then add one string and is the guitar of my dreams.

Tags
prestige

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode