ngd -rg570ct - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-28-2009, 11:35 PM Thread Starter

Talking ngd -rg570ct

i just started to play the guitar a month ago and i ran into this guitar at a store for an incredible price. $400 usd so i got it. did i do good? when i saw it there it caught my attention with how beautiful it look and with the gold hardware and stuff. this is expensive for me i drained all my money on it but felt it was worth it after i heard some one else play it. so please tell me i did good. how good is this guitar? i cant find much info on it is it rare? whats its strength and weaknesses? it sounds great but are there any good upgrades for this guitar for the future? the pickups dont look very popular are those good or worth replacing? let me know what you think. i am really excited about this guitar i am a noob at playing the guitar but will this one be good for me when i get to the advanced stages of playing the guitar and be capable of sounding really good when i get good? thanks i have a lot of questions about this guitar as i know very little and i am very excited, its my first guitar thats actually real and feals really nice and looks good. before this i had was a fake fender i bought from my friend for 20 that he found in the dumpster. so thanks ahead here are some pictures of it.

thank you all in advanced. hope i did good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:13 AM

Re: ngd -rg570ct

You did very well I think. One of the most desirable 500 series, and typically sells in the range you paid for yours.

I hope you enjoy it.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:16 AM Thread Starter

yeah and it came with a hard case too and strap to play with too. no extra cost. every thing works on it all pickups nobs and everything. why do they sell for so low? the guy at the shop said this is a rare one with an alder body. wouldnt that mean it should sell more then the average 570? is it because of there age or something?
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 12:48 AM

I think you did a very good job at picking up a pretty decent guitar at a pretty decent price point.

The first thing I would recommend is to take it to a reputable guitar shop and get a decent set-up done on it. I would really suggest starting out with 9's in standard tuning. Also, it looks like it's in pretty good condition.

Since you are just starting out, I would try to figure out what types of music you gravitate towards, and then I don't think it would be a bad investment to throw some new pickups in it. There are a lot of suggestions on this site; I would do a few searches and see what may match your tastes.

She looks pretty nice, I definitely think you got a pretty good deal, so take care of her, and most importantly, play the sh!t out of it and have fun!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

i did bring it to a very well known luthier to set it up. those pictures were taken 2 days ago. so this guitar is still pretty average because it sounds great. because my teacher says it sounds close to his jem7v and when he played his jem and my guitar i aggreed still different but very close compared to all his other guitars and his rg570. because its very bright with this alder wood. just a little warmer and clearer kinda more like blues but he said he thinks its the pickups. if i changed them i can customize it to sound a bit closer or like jem. i love the way it sounds and i am not sure the sound i like yet but once i do i might customize it to sound a bit more to my taste. i am definitely having fun with it. i practice on it for 4-6 hours the past two days. and follow all the proper maintance. my teacher was nagging me to sell it to him. i told him i am too attached and i love it. it was too good of a find to feal it as not meant to be mine for good. so i told him i doubt i am selling it for many years if ever as it is my first real guitar. he just said well talk to me first if you ever do lol.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 01:33 AM

Hold on to it for a little while, change the pickups, and you'll be set. That's a great guitar go have and learn on.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 01:50 AM Thread Starter

yeah i know i am not selling it. its like my first car. it means more to me the double what ist worth right now and my teacher understands that he just likes it. maybe someday when i build a collection and this is not my primary guitar i will feal different. but right now i love it and plan to use it a lot and definately do research on new pickups once my taste has developed. plus my teacher owns many guitars he is famous. he has jem7v 5,000 dollor fenders on his wall. he has over 30 guitars there worth more then 5,000. and 50 others on top of that covering his two walls in one room. he was famous when he was younger in many bands and has an amazing collection. every day he picks up a new one to his liking off the wall and plays them like its his main guitar. he was some what famous so i think its nothing at all to him letting this one slip he just likes to collect and shares the interest with me.

Last edited by jrade; 08-29-2009 at 01:58 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-29-2009, 01:53 AM Thread Starter

sorry dupicate deleting
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:35 PM

Very nice guitar! Congratz!! So are you gonna tell us who this famous guitar teacher you have is?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 12:45 PM

Gorgeous guitar man!! Congratulations dude!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IbanezDaemon View Post
Very nice guitar! Congratz!! So are you gonna tell us who this famous guitar teacher you have is?
well i dont know really how famous he is because i dont know much about rock yet but my friend who knows a real lot about rock and guitars says my teacher and his brother are very famous artists. and my teacher seems to know everything. i can name any song steve vai, paul gilbert, joe satriani, to black sabbath, and thousands more artists i dont know. play it through my speakers of my computer or pick a song out of the millions on his pc and he will play it instantly on his guitar perfectly with no mistakes with the song on pace. his name is matt kim. his brother i believe is paul kim a bass player. all i can say either way so far a very good teacher he seems to know many styles of music and willing to teach me everything i am interested in learning. i have tried other teachers not only did they not know as much but taught in a way that was really hard to learn and at a very bad pace which was there own pace and only taught what they knew and liked so i only learned there style. this teacher seems to know everything from blues to rock on the guitar and teaches it really well and comfortably for me.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:43 PM Thread Starter

but thanks all. i feal very fortunate and special every time i play on it. every time i play on it feals amazing even though i suck because i have only played for a month but i love it. it definately makes me a better player compared to how i would be playing on many other guitars i tried playing before this it just fits me right. thank you all for the compliments it really is gorgous and sometimes i feel its a dream. i had a dream about it once and woke up thinking it was all fake thinking i did not own it and was still on the search for my first guitar because that was too good to be true. then excited to see it by my couch again i love it.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-30-2009, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

i keep reading people looking for what they call a golden age ibanez guitar. what is a golden age guitar? is mine one? it does have gold lol.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 08-31-2009, 10:07 AM

A lot of people feel like the late '80's thru the '90's are the best years for Ibanez guitars, hence the "golden age" comments.

Tags
alder body , ibanez , ngd , quilted maple , rg570ct

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode