NGD: RG752AHM - ash bodied, maple boarded RG7 - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

NGD: RG752AHM - ash bodied, maple boarded RG7

First, crappy cell phone pic:

Not sure what's up with the orientation, but I'm at work and it's a cell phone pic anyway; I'll take better pics either tonight or over the weekend.

Not sure why this one's called the AHM, since the color name is Nebula Green Flat, but whatever. It's an ash bodied, maple necked RG7 with a maple fretboard. That's pretty much all I ever wanted from Ibanez - I managed to hold out all of about 24 hours, but I'd pre-ordered one from Matt's Music the day after they were announced, and it came in earlier this week (couldn't get down to pick it up before last night).

Overall, I dig it. It's no match for my similarly-spec'd Suhr Modern, but at between a third and a half of the price, I'd be more concerned if it was. Very comfortable neck, thin but not too thin, reminiscent of my old 1527 I dug the hell out of. Fret ends could have used a little more love (though I'm spoiled on my Suhr), but the frets themselves are very even, and this can take lower action without buzzing than I'd want (and, to be honest, than I would have expected). There's some flaws in the wood, but this is a player so that doesn't really phase me, and Matt's had two in stock and this was the one I chose (I ever-so-slightly preferred the neck on this one) so nothing to complain about there - if it bugged me, I'd have taken the other one.

I'll have some video action up soon with clips - great sounding guitar, unplugged very reminiscent of my Suhr, and I dig the neck PAF7 more than I do the AN7 currently in my Suhr. Jury's still out on the bridge, but maybe it's the pickups and maybe it's the thinner strings than I usually use, but it's a VERY articulate rhythm tone. The pickups are a tad fuzzy, but backing them off a little further than where they were when they shipped helped (this made a world of difference for the TZ7 currently in my Suhr, incidently). Better upper access than the Suhr, as well.

Overall, very comfy guitar, great spec list, and fit and finish is excellent for a production guitar of about this price. More thoughts a couple months down the road once I've got it set up to my taste and broken in a bit, but the first impression is very solid.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 01:02 PM

Re: NGD: RG752AHM - ash bodied, maple boarded RG7

Nice! Enjoy it!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 05:12 PM

God damn you and your ability to get all the nice Ibanez models in the US

Such a nice looking guitar. If these become available where I am I will definitely be getting one.

Happy NGD
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-18-2016, 07:31 PM

That is a beauty! Many congrats!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:42 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, it's a cool guitar - looks great, plays great, sounds great. I gotta get the 9s off that it shipped with, but so far I dig it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew View Post
I gotta get the 9s off that it shipped with, but so far I dig it.
Man, that's gonna mean a new setup! Don't do it!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 04:38 PM Thread Starter

Hahaha. I don't mind setting up guitars at all.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 06:37 PM

Very cool. Good to see one of these in someone's hands.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-19-2016, 11:02 PM

How do the larger dots feel compared to the smaller ones?
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-20-2016, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpanoff View Post
How do the larger dots feel compared to the smaller ones?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2016, 11:19 PM

Happy NGD! This model really caught my eye this year. I really hope they make a 7 string koa top RG for 2016!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode