NGD: RG920QMZ-HVV - album with 50 pics included - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

NGD: RG920QMZ-HVV - album with 50 pics included

Maybe this is too late for a NGD. I picked it up on Monday. It was a long ride under heavy rain and traffic through awful industrial neighborhoods, but it was worth it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leandro...57628141594886

The guitar was in tune straight out of the box and looks much better in person. Damn, I love purple and violet. The top is gorgeous and 3D-ish.

It required absolutely no time to adjust my hands to this particular guitar. The fret ends couldn't be more perfect, the neck pickup is great for shredding, the 5-way switch allows some interesting pickup combinations in positions 2 and 4.

I had an Evo 2 and Liquifire lying around and decided to use them, but the stock DiMarzios sounded really good through my rig. Mesas are dark sounding and those Dimarzio/ibz pickups have a lot of presence, resulting in a great match.

Like already menctioned on Medgeking's thread about his HVV, this guitar resonates like few basswood guitars do. And unlike what some people say, the Edge Zero II seemed as refined as a regular Edge Zero, and it stays in tune!

Needless to say, the gig bag is extremely useful and full of pockets.

Special thanks to Rich Harris. He is the best!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 10:20 AM

Re: NGD: RG920QMZ-HVV - album with 50 pics included

I notice that there is no stamp in the neck pocket, was there anykind of stamp on the heel of the neck that you noticed when you had it off?
thanks for the nice pics, ive been looking around for some decent shots of the bridge on these for a while.
cheers
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_golem View Post
I notice that there is no stamp in the neck pocket, was there anykind of stamp on the heel of the neck that you noticed when you had it off?
I was expecting something like "RG920" in the neck pocket but there's nothing there, and nothing on the neck either.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 11:10 AM

hmm, thats odd.... thanks for the info
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 12:03 PM

Reviews: 10

what do you mean "awful industrial neighborhoods"? sounds unpleasant =0 great albums of pics!!! beautiful guitar - congrats!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2011, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
what do you mean "awful industrial neighborhoods"? sounds unpleasant =0 great albums of pics!!! beautiful guitar - congrats!
Thanks!

Believe it or not, some areas normally leave me depressed for a day or 2 Imagine East Hastings St in Vancouver, or Northeast Calgary. Same thing for Jamaica in Queens, NYC.

Tags
ibanez premium 920 rg920

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode