NGD - RG927QM - Jemsite
All Other Guitars (including Prestige) Discussion about other Ibanez Guitars not covered in the above topics. Includes J-Custom, USA-Custom, Prestige subforum.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter

NGD - RG927QM

I wasn't really sure if I wanted a 7 string or not, but as it's my birthday in two months, I thought I'll give it a shot (you can pretty much justify anything, if you really try).

I've read a lot of mixed opinions on the Premiums, but really it was pretty much the most obvious choice for me - not too expensive and within my comfort zone - RG model based.

The whole finish of the guitar is pretty much flawless, the quilted veneer top looks really nice and the (relatively subtle) grain throughout the body look great through the red finish. The cream binding adds a very nice touch to it. My main complaint would be the neck / headstock, while the neck has a satin finish (which I like a lot), the headstock is high gloss and there's a slightly rough cut between these two finishes - plus it just doesn't match. But thats really just a minor issue. The quality really isn't far behind the Prestiges I've owned and played.

Playability is great, still getting used to the seventh string, but in general it plays exactly what I was hoping for - a typical RG just with a wider neck, as stupid as it sounds, I'm so used to the JEM and RG2550 that it was great to feel that kind of familiarity even with the wider neck.

After all the reviews I'm very happy with what I did get for my money, I'm now considering another 6 string Premium, just to add some color (wish they had the blue for the 927).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-28-2012, 05:37 PM

Reviews: 2
Re: NGD - RG927QM

That's a DAMN nice guitar man!!

Congratulations. Be sure to do periodic updates as you get more and more used to it.

Tags
7 string , premium , rg927 , rg927qm

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode